Upgraded to latest MakeMKV and now getting fatal errors

Everything related to MakeMKV
WiiDSmoker

Upgraded to latest MakeMKV and now getting fatal errors

Post by WiiDSmoker »

Anyone else getting this? Everytime it tries to read a Blu-Ray disc it is now getting fatal errors. This never happened before.

Where do I download the previous version at?

Windows 7 64. Never had problems with previous versions at all. Now I upgrade and not a single BRD can be read/ripped.

**edit
Found out where to download 1.6.5. The moves are now able to be read and ripped.
WCVanHorne

Re: Upgraded to latest MakeMKV and now getting fatal errors

Post by WCVanHorne »

Ditto here. :( Similar problem to 1.6.4 but at least that was only on exit. 1.6.6 is unusable for me. I've noticed the latest releases have these stability problems that never seemed to occur before. <= 1.6.3 was rock solid, basic UI wise, from my experience.
RustedKnight

Post by RustedKnight »

I'm having the same proplem. I get an error message that the MakeMKV application console has stopped working, then a popup[that says fatal error has occurred and mae mkv will now close. I haven't been able to find the previous version of MakeMKV so I can re-install it
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Any chance of you guys posting debug logs? or screen shots of the errors?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
RustedKnight

Post by RustedKnight »

I'm running Vista Ultimate SP2 on an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400 @2.8 GHz with 4GB ram I've never had any issues with MakeMKV until I installed the latest version
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This is confirmed and problem is only in version for windows. Please expect an update in a few days. As a workaround you might have luck by doing an ENCRYPTED disc backup with MakeMKV first, and then opening this backup from a hard drive.
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

I am sorry to say the contrary. This is not a Windows only problem. I was using v 1.6.5 with minor problems but it was globally OK. Now I just upgraded MakeMKV to the latest version (v 1.6.6) on my Mac mini (Leopard) and the software just refuses to initialise. What do I have to do now? Trying to reinstalll the older version? Or waiting for an update?

Mehmet
RustedKnight

Post by RustedKnight »

Mike, you suggested "As a workaround you might have luck by doing an ENCRYPTED disc backup with MakeMKV first, and then opening this backup from a hard drive." I tried that and got basically the same errors and MakeMVK shut down.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Mehmet wrote:I am sorry to say the contrary. This is not a Windows only problem. I was using v 1.6.5 with minor problems but it was globally OK. Now I just upgraded MakeMKV to the latest version (v 1.6.6) on my Mac mini (Leopard) and the software just refuses to initialise. What do I have to do now? Trying to reinstalll the older version? Or waiting for an update?

Mehmet
This is a completely different problem then. Please start a topic in Mac forum and post the detailed error description and log file if any.
version

Post by version »

Where did you download 1.6.5?

I'd like to go back so I can continue backing up my movies.
weepingwillow

Post by weepingwillow »

I dug around through my disk backups and was able to find an older version of MakeMKV.

Unfortunately I was only able to find version 1.6.3 and not 1.6.5

Either way, I've rolled back my install to v1.6.3 and tried to re-rip the movie that was giving my issues on 1.6.6 and it seems to be working fine so far.

So I've uploaded a copy of the 1.6.3 installer so you guys could give that a shot while we're patiently awaiting for a new version.

Mike, if you don't want me hosting this version just let me know and I'll gladly remove it.

http://weeping-willow.net/makemkv163.zip
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

You guys and gals know that google is really helpful sometimes, right? :D

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MakeMKV/old-versions
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

SamuriHL wrote:You guys and gals know that google is really helpful sometimes, right? :D
http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/15/catid/6 . However 1.6.7 is out and should not crash :)
okatomy

Post by okatomy »

1.6.7 crashes under Win7 x64 like 1.6.6 with the exact same error

however 1.6.5 works fine.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

mike admin wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:You guys and gals know that google is really helpful sometimes, right? :D
http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/15/catid/6 . However 1.6.7 is out and should not crash :)
I thought you had them somewhere but couldn't remember where the link was. Figures it was in the FAQ. :D thanks!