Way to rename rips for Plex?

Everything related to MakeMKV
saturn2888

Way to rename rips for Plex?

Post by saturn2888 »

Hi! I've been ripping DVDs for the kids, but I often spend hours renaming everything for Plex.

I just bought a ton of Blu-ray movies, and after ripping them all, it's gonna be weeks of every-night renaming to get them Plex-ready.

It's really bad for special features considering the box doesn't always name them all, and I still have to watch them to figure out what they are.

Is there some program run that can check each movie by the disc and name all the files similar to how MP3s can auto-name based on the album and song fingerprinting?
dcoke22

Re: Way to rename rips for Plex?

Post by dcoke22 »

I'm not aware of a program that does what you ask.

However, I often use a review at blu-ray.com to help me navigate the 'extras'. For example, Toy Story 4 (2019). Scroll down to the section at the end about Special Features & Extras.
Lord_EDOX

Re: Way to rename rips for Plex?

Post by Lord_EDOX »

Not sure of a tool like that but I use KODI and its scraper does a decent job of finding what I need and allows for custom search if I named something oddly or not quite right. I have not used Plex. Does it not have a scraper like that? You can use the advanced features in MakeMKV to customize the name before you rip it. I only recently found that, and it is super useful.