Multiple Movie Titles - Which one?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Pryme57

Multiple Movie Titles - Which one?

Post by Pryme57 »

First of all, I would like to say that MakeMKV is a great product! :D

As I have been backing up my library, I've noticed that some of the DVDs have multiple Titles for the main movie. Some are easy to identify, widescreen vs standard, etc. With blu-ray it's getting harder to determine the difference between the files.. I was thinking that it may be audio, but everything looks the same. How does everyone else choose which title to rip or do you rip both and delete the file that you don't want?
VanillaXtract

Re: Multiple Movie Titles - Which one?

Post by VanillaXtract »

For instance, A Bug's Life will have 3 titles that all look the same. The difference is the opening credits will have "A Bug's Life" on the screen in French, Spanish, or English depending on which title you pick. Other movies may have theatrical release, extended, director's cut, etc. As far as I know, it is just trial and error. Good luck guessing right the first time.
davidgreem

Post by davidgreem »

Here is a solution to your problem in case of dvd postured with more than one titles, it can be easily identified with some thing attach to it such as Part, Language Different etc.It seems to be key for that identification.
Pryme57

Post by Pryme57 »

Thanks for the replies. I never considered directors cut, extended, etc. as possible options. It would be nice if there was a way to mark them as such automatically.. don't know if the information is contained on a file anywhere on the BD/DVD.