volname for makemkv

Everything related to MakeMKV
speed32219

volname for makemkv

Post by speed32219 »

Is it possible to get the volname (Ubuntu Karmic) from the DVD or BD disks when using makemkv and save the file under the actual title? Instead of Title01.mkv it would be total_recall.mkv.

In addition, I may be overlooking something in a configuration file that already does this (Like decrypt or something), but is there a way to only copy the main title with ac3 audio?

I would also like to thank you for a wonderful native Linux program. Beats the heck out of using wine with the other MS programs.
mike admin

Re: volname for makemkv

Post by mike admin »

speed32219 wrote:Is it possible to get the volname (Ubuntu Karmic) from the DVD or BD disks when using makemkv and save the file under the actual title? Instead of Title01.mkv it would be total_recall.mkv.
MakeMKV will use volume name or DVD metadata if present in IFO files to name the output directory . The file will have a name other than title01.mkv only if title-specific metadata is present on disc. Many concert DVDs but only few move DVDs have this metadata.
speed32219 wrote:In addition, I may be overlooking something in a configuration file that already does this (Like decrypt or something), but is there a way to only copy the main title with ac3 audio?
You can select any streams in GUI.