How do I make a single movie out of a two-disk movie?

Everything related to MakeMKV
CountryBumkin

How do I make a single movie out of a two-disk movie?

Post by CountryBumkin »

I did this once before (with the DVD "Around the World in 80 Days"), but now I forget how. Can someone give me step by step instructions?
I have the DVD "Stargate" it is on two disks. I want to make one mkv file containing both disks.

I have the mkvtoolnix program, but I'm too dense or too old to figure this out on my own.

I believe I want to "append" disk two to disk one, not merge. How do I do this (the GUI version only has a Merge option). I manual implies that I need to append, but I don't understand the command-line code to use.

Your help is much appreciated.
Yugatha

Re: How do I make a single movie out of a two-disk movie?

Post by Yugatha »

Drag the Part 1 file into the GUI, and wait for it to be recognised. Once it's in the list, right-click, and select "append files", then choose part two
ThePharoah

Post by ThePharoah »

Here is a post that walks you through exactly what to do, from ensuring consistent chapters to clipping excess, etc: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 465#p20465

Cheers, Carl.
CountryBumkin

Post by CountryBumkin »

Yugatha wrote:Drag the Part 1 file into the GUI, and wait for it to be recognised. Once it's in the list, right-click, and select "append files", then choose part two
Thank you. Your post was spot on.
It was easy, as I recalled, once you pointed me in the right direction.