Mpeg4 problems

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ben12

Mpeg4 problems

Post by Ben12 »

Hoping for some help on a problem with mpeg4 discs.

Currently converting my blu-ray collection via MakeMKV onto an HTPC. All discs are full retail region B's.

In every case I'm ripping the main film plus the HD audio track together with either the DD or DTS track. On most films this works fine and my HTPC is playing the video and bitstreaming the HD audio to my amp without problems. The issue is that all the working discs are VC1.

Any disc that MakeMKV reports as being mpeg4 will not work properly, except if I only rip the video with the DD or DTS track. If I either rip both the HD and SD sound, or just the HD sound on its own, the file won't play. I've tried multiple Matroska splitters as well as multiple video decoders, without luck.

Is this a known issue with mpeg4 based discs or do I need to look elsewhere for the problem?

Some examples, iRobot, Terminator Salvation and District 9 will only play if ripped solely with DD or DTS. Thanks for any help
mike admin

Re: Mpeg4 problems

Post by mike admin »

Looks very much like a player problem. Can you try to play the file in VLC and see what happens?