MakeMKV Pay Model question

Everything related to MakeMKV
hln98

MakeMKV Pay Model question

Post by hln98 »

Hello,

I understand that the pay model only applies to BD discs and free for DVDs. I already have AnyDVD HD which I can create ISO for my BD.

1. Am I able to use MakeMKV to create mkv files out of ripped BD ISO for free?
2. After 30 days, even if I don't buy the activation key, is it going to be a nag-ware?

I did hear $50 dollars rumor and personally I think it is too expensive (I do love MakeMKV) and I already have AnyDVD, but I do hope that this rumor was leaked intentionally to get reactions from people and will be priced much lower so that it doesn't seem as bad for people that are on the fence about it.
setarip_old

Re: MakeMKV Pay Model question

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

I'm sure that "mike admin" will address your questions/concerns - but, since you raised the topic, I'm personally curious to know how much you paid for AnyDVDHD and which version (1 year, 2 years, "lifetime")?
hln98

Post by hln98 »

I paid for the lifetime version of AnyDVD HD. I had a special discount price Slysoft often has. I am a firm believer of paying for great software but for folks like me that already have AnyDVD, it is not a good model, having to pay $50.00 for another type of software.

I like to say that I really love MakeMKV and think the developer(s) did a great job, but $50.00 is too much for my taste. Again, will see how the "real" price will be :)

Also, I will NEVER buy subscription softwares or nag-wares at any price or how great it is.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I paid for the lifetime version of AnyDVD HD. I had a special discount price Slysoft often has.
So as I asked previously, how much did you pay (in U.S. dollars or Euros?)?
ds2249

Post by ds2249 »

hln98 wrote:I did hear $50 dollars rumor and personally I think it is too expensive
Not to argue with your standpoint but for me $50 equals the price for 1.8 Bluray movies (yes, not even 2 blurays, they are expensive here). So I think the price is fair since I will buy many more Blurays now that i can use MakeMKV to transfer them easily to my server for easy access by the family through our mediaplayers.
jmassey

Post by jmassey »

Kind of related to the topic ...

I have no problem paying the $50 price for this software since I find it valuable. I also want to support it because the developers made a Linux version available, which is what I need.

However, I do have a problem paying for beta software. When will the non-beta release be ready? I only have 24 days left on my "evaluation" ...
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@jmassey

I'm fairly certain that "mike admin" will shortly addressthis topic.

Nonetheless, when you get to be my age, 24 days is a long time - Not to worry ;>}
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

While in beta, nothing will happen after 30 days. We will post an override key soon for everybody to use. It wasn't posted yet because nobody could be possibly affected by 30-days by now.
hln98

Post by hln98 »

Mike_Admin,

Please answer my questions:

1. Am I able to use MakeMKV to create mkv files out of already ripped BD ISO for free?
2. After 30 days, if I don't buy the activation key, is it going to be a nag-ware?