Beta Registration key fails to activate

Everything related to MakeMKV
cheepcherokee

Beta Registration key fails to activate

Post by cheepcherokee »

I am a first time poster but long time user of MakeMKV so go easy on me. I love the application and refuse to use any other when it comes to Blu-ray and DVD disks.
I noticed that when I applied the beta license key today that the app continued to give me a dialog box that said: "The license key has expired and has been removed. Restart the application."

I applied the key several times, rebooted my PC and applied the key again. I manually added the key to the registry entry located at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MakeMKV\app_Key but got the same result. I installed MakeMKV on another PC and got the same result.

The only thing that worked is setting the date back 1 year within the OS. Now the evaluation does not show expired anymore.
Has anyone else come across this recently? I do apologize if this is a re post, I did a short search and did not find anything more than suggestions to apply the beta key located at thread: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 which I already knew about. I have used MakeMKV for a long time now so this was not news to me :)
mike admin

Re: Beta Registration key fails to activate

Post by mike admin »

Our mistake, the key is now updated.
Meegwell

Post by Meegwell »

mike admin wrote:Our mistake, the key is now updated.
I am relatively new to Makemkv but I am stuck in a loop of failed registration key messages.

I used T-fYWqZ5aJ9q89wyzdBuNeCpufU1JlFApsQi2eCoYqVhRYQEFWoacW2qjStHO8RaAGXo on beta 1.9.1 it says ok restart, then when I restart it says key expired and has been removed.

Im on the latest Yosemite fwiw.

Meegwell
Meegwell

Post by Meegwell »

Meegwell wrote:
mike admin wrote:Our mistake, the key is now updated.
I am relatively new to Makemkv but I am stuck in a loop of failed registration key messages.

I used T-fYWqZ5aJ9q89wyzdBuNeCpufU1JlFApsQi2eCoYqVhRYQEFWoacW2qjStHO8RaAGXo on beta 1.9.1 it says ok restart, then when I restart it says key expired and has been removed.

Im on the latest Yosemite fwiw.

Meegwell
I found the license key post and it appears to have changed and now I am ok.

Thanks