MakeMKV hack

Everything related to MakeMKV
Rummelsnuf

MakeMKV hack

Post by Rummelsnuf »

Hi,

just found on some forum another software similar to MakeMKV. It is called MyBD by Cinemartin (www.cinemartin.com). I found out that this big software temporary unpack its libs and exe files to a temporary folder and there I see this are MakeMKV flles. Before I pay money to this company, I want to ask if this is an official license or and hack and I will burn my money.
mike admin

Re: MakeMKV hack

Post by mike admin »

It's a hack, in fact it is a first time I hear about this company. I guess their software will only function as long as we post beta key for free.
Goodyes

Post by Goodyes »

Hello Mike,
Im the main developer of the application.
I asked your support team some weeks ago, for use your app in my distributed software, you told me that yes.
If you complaint about please get in contact with me for discuss this issue using email.
Rummelsnuf

Post by Rummelsnuf »

wow, what is the truth? Do MakeMKV give any commercial software the possibility to decrypt? Or has the developer asked for a free application? Please explain who is right.
I wonder why the MyBD software work with hidden files. If it is official why they do not install it as avery other software do, too, why they hide it in an packed executable?
Goodyes

Post by Goodyes »

"I wonder why the MyBD software work with hidden files. If it is official why they do not install it as avery other software do, too, why they hide it in an packed executable?"
I, as any developer can develop a program as like it so this has nothing to sense, so please no more stupid questions

"Do MakeMKV give any commercial software the possibility to decrypt? Or has the developer asked for a free application?"
They, like me, are in no obligation to respond your question, Do you have 2 cents ? Who are you and who right do you think you have to ask this deep questions.
Please go to coca-cola and ask how the manage to produce the drink, ask about the internals, how they made, the ineterest and so on.

Mike, do not hesitate to contact me throught email if you need to discuss this
Rummelsnuf

Post by Rummelsnuf »

lol, this offense shows that you are in deep trouble.

In summary: MakeMKV to decrypt Blu-ray, DivX10 to encode to HEVC. No Cinavia removing. I think the cards are not positive for you.
Goodyes

Post by Goodyes »

Sorry for say that you make stupid questions, if this offends you !
However you're wrong.
Rummelsnuf

Post by Rummelsnuf »

Not wrong.
I see MakeMKV files in your temporary unpacked folder. YOur software only worked on my computer after installing DivX10m, before it just decrypt, no encoding. Now with DivX10 installed, it works. Cinavia is still in the output. So far, everything well tested and researched.
Thekid

Post by Thekid »

I think we have to hear from MakeMKV, the people who would know if this license was granted, lets not beat up a developer that has worked hard on a great program, this is added extra to the freeware community, I really thought that you guys were a bit more tolerant of people trying to advance the production of new tools for the community, I am very sad to see all this bickering, respect is a road that goes both ways.
Rummelsnuf

Post by Rummelsnuf »

I already have asked and got an answer. Maybe now they negotiate in the back about an commercial license. But the statement of MakeMKV is clear. They do not know the company.
That was what I wanted to know. And it seems to be up-to-date to write the software can remove Cinavia. I do not know any software that can do it.
Rummelsnuf

Post by Rummelsnuf »

so mike, what is the deal? The MyBD company published everywhere they can, that they have a official permission / license from you. So I can buy the software without any upcoming problems? Will the decryption work for longer than 1 or 2 months?
Thekid

Post by Thekid »

Rummelsnuf wrote:so mike, what is the deal? The MyBD company published everywhere they can, that they have a official permission / license from you. So I can buy the software without any upcoming problems? Will the decryption work for longer than 1 or 2 months?
I think the no comment from the Admin Mike, means he spoke without knowing about the permission, it is an honest mistake, not everyone know what everyone is doing.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

Will you not insult our intelligence, you created an account on the very day you first posted on this thread and you construct your sentences just like Goodyes and now you're claiming to be an expert on this subject.

I wish more people would make GUI's for MakeMKV, but simply judging from his behaviour on the VideoHelp forum, there's no way anyone can trust a word the developer of this program says.

All I'm getting from this experience is a feeling for exactly how the Mormon religion must have been started, it's disturbing.
Kerry56

Post by Kerry56 »

I too would like some clarification on this subject. The program is being discussed over at MyCE, and I'd like to know from the MakeMKV developers if these guys actually have permission to use MakeMKV as their decrypter.
Rummelsnuf

Post by Rummelsnuf »

thekid, I really ask you what the wonder on MyBD is. after playing around with Process Explorer I found out that you just use makekmv to decrypt the Blu-ray and that you use ffmpeg to encode.
You do not make the step to build a own exe, no you call the ffmpeg.exe. Your commandline is:

my-bd-lib2.exe -i "D:\in.mkv" -vf "scale=1280:720" -y -threads 2 -c:v libx265 -x265-params crf=28 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -c:a libvo_aacenc -ac 2 "E:\out.mp4"

Everyone see it inside the mp4 file, too. Libx265 wrote it's footprint.

So your software do not remove Cinavia. I decrypt with an "not cleared" makemkv license and you encode with ffmpeg.exe. I'am confused why your software cannot work on some systems, why on some systems DivX10 have to be installed. But your software is no clue.

It is amazing that noone on myce.com recognized this, or ever tested the mp4 files against Cinavia.