problem with copying DVD

Everything related to MakeMKV
bkjeell

problem with copying DVD

Post by bkjeell »

I quite often get this message when I try to start up a DVD: Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading 'BD-RE TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB TS00' at offset '530432'.
What do I do?
I have 1.8.13 registered versionRunning the Mac version.
DVD Player starts up and plays the DVD fine.
Also using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate some times without any problems.
Woodstock

Re: problem with copying DVD

Post by Woodstock »

Connected via USB? If so, you are probably experiencing a common problem - when the disk starts spinning fast, as it will when ripping, there isn't enough power on the USB cable to maintain the speed. Playing at slow speed is fine.

The cure varies with how your drive is configured. Many come with a two-head cable that allows you to tap power from two USB ports, but that only works if you have a POWERED hub, or you plug into multiple ports on the computer. Others come with an external power port, and MAYBE a power supply.
bkjeell

Post by bkjeell »

I have 2 headed cable and both USB connectors are plugged into the ports on the computer (iMac)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you have a powered hub available, try using that, although it is rare that an iMac would not have sufficient power on the USB system.

Are there any other USB devices plugged into the computer? The first time I encountered this was on a friend's computer, where he had a USB printer attached. Whenever he would print something, his external hard drives would crash.