How to get the main movie if its more then 1 stream

Everything related to MakeMKV
ds2249

How to get the main movie if its more then 1 stream

Post by ds2249 »

I have a Bluray disc, kids film called Niko (about a reindeer :-)), that I want to use MakeMKV on.
The main movie is all I am interested in so that the kids kan easily access it from the mediaplayer.

The problem is that the mainmovie consists of several streams. If I open it in BDRebuilder it identifies them (see image)
but how do I select a complete main movie in MakeMKV? The attached Image shows the same disc accessed by MakeMKV
and by BDRebuilder.

Any help appreciated. I am not interested in recoding it with BDRebuilder I only want to use MakeMKV and create a
MKV with the mainmovie.
setarip_old

Re: How to get the main movie if its more then 1 stream

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

The LAST "Title" listed by MakeMKV (13.8GB) is the "movie only" = equal to the 14,144.71Mb "Title" listed by BD-RB
ds2249

Post by ds2249 »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!

The LAST "Title" listed by MakeMKV (13.8GB) is the "movie only" = equal to the 14,144.71Mb "Title" listed by BD-RB
Hi Setarip. I was a bit unclear. To get the whole main movie I need all the streams that BDRebuilder is showing. The large stream is the lion share of the movie. I miss the initial scene with language unique things (not english) if I don't get the first 102,52 mb (that you see in the BDReb part of the picture) included and that is crucial. The last streams that BDReb shows I can bee without. They contain who did the local language voice overs and such but the initial part is a must otherwise you miss the intro of the film.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The streams you refer to are so-called secondary video streams. They are not part of the main movie. Are you saying that for this disc the start of main movie is missing? It sounds like an error, please send all *.clpi and all *.mpls files from disc compressed with archiver of your choice to support@makemkv.com .
ds2249

Post by ds2249 »

mike admin wrote:The streams you refer to are so-called secondary video streams. They are not part of the main movie. Are you saying that for this disc the start of main movie is missing? It sounds like an error, please send all *.clpi and all *.mpls files from disc compressed with archiver of your choice to support@makemkv.com .
Yes, thats correct. The start of the movie is missing. I have sent you the archived files you requested. NIKO.RAR.
Look forward to be of assistance if needed.
ds2249

Post by ds2249 »

mike admin wrote:The streams you refer to are so-called secondary video streams. They are not part of the main movie. Are you saying that for this disc the start of main movie is missing? It sounds like an error, please send all *.clpi and all *.mpls files from disc compressed with archiver of your choice to support@makemkv.com .
This problem is not corrected in the v.12 release. Just tested it and the behaviour is the same as previous versions. I have 2 discs, both animated childrens discs, that behave the same way.
Is it on the todo list or is there a work around?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

The "good" news is that the problem is confirmed and identified. This disc has a movie with 4 angles and MakeMKV fails to detect that and only exctracts a middle of the movie.
The bad news is that you'll have to wait for the next version.

Thank you very much for sending the files, it helped.
ds2249

Post by ds2249 »

mike admin wrote:The "good" news is that the problem is confirmed and identified. This disc has a movie with 4 angles and MakeMKV fails to detect that and only exctracts a middle of the movie.
The bad news is that you'll have to wait for the next version.

Thank you very much for sending the files, it helped.
Splendid! Look forward to it. I also have Ice Age 3 Nordic with the same issue. Please let me know if you need any more samples and I can send from that disc as well.