MakeMKV 1.4.9 and BD+

Everything related to MakeMKV
leylandleopard

MakeMKV 1.4.9 and BD+

Post by leylandleopard »

Hi, I have been using MakeMKV for a while now and am really pleased with it and am sure to purchase it once out of Beta.

I am now running 1.4.9 on Win7 but have had a problem and an observation/suggestion with the new version.

1. The Log file and SVQ file location does not use the locations set in Preferences. I have c:\users\simon\mkv as the location for both items and used these sucessfully with 1.4.8.. After upgrading to 1.4.9, although the settings remain unchanged MakeMKV is actually using C:\users\simon thus the sqv file wasn't being used. (I moved the sqv & all OK)

2. When ripping the disc, verison 1.4.8 would state that it was using dscombo.sqv containing xxx files, 1.4.9 doesn't do this thus the user doesn't know that the new sqv file is being used. can you put this feature back in the next version?

Regard Simon
mike admin

Re: MakeMKV 1.4.9 and BD+

Post by mike admin »

leylandleopard wrote:Hi, I have been using MakeMKV for a while now and am really pleased with it and am sure to purchase it once out of Beta.
1. The Log file and SVQ file location does not use the locations set in Preferences. I have c:\users\simon\mkv as the location for both items and used these sucessfully with 1.4.8.. After upgrading to 1.4.9, although the settings remain unchanged MakeMKV is actually using C:\users\simon thus the sqv file wasn't being used. (I moved the sqv & all OK)
I know what happened. Starting with 1.4.9 makemkv comes with 64-bit native executable on windows. unfortunately windows stores settings in different locations for 32-bit and 64-bit applications so your settings were reset to default values. this is one time event.
leylandleopard wrote: 2. When ripping the disc, verison 1.4.8 would state that it was using dscombo.sqv containing xxx files, 1.4.9 doesn't do this thus the user doesn't know that the new sqv file is being used. can you put this feature back in the next version?
Regard Simon
The current SVQ contains information for 0 discs, that's why it prints "using generic svq...".