Multiple Output file choices

Everything related to MakeMKV
Battledad

Multiple Output file choices

Post by Battledad »

I upgraded to the latest version of MakeMKV yesterday. Today I went to convert Now You See Me and I notice that in the discovery phase MKV came back with 4 options that were either 3.5 or 3.7gb in length in addition to the normal smaller files. As I have done in the past I unchecked all but one of the files found and it to convert. I came back a bit later and it had failed. Since I have never had a failure before I got to looking closer at the 4 choices of what appear to the the right file size. When I click on each I see that some contain chapters 1-16; 1-17 and two others show a mix of chapter.

I'm now working on my second attempt to move from the DVD to my system. This time I chose the one that showed chapters 1-17 (the most).

Since I've never paid any attention to this before should I? Does one always chose the option that contains the most chapters starting with 1?
Smithcraft

Re: Multiple Output file choices

Post by Smithcraft »

No. Depending on whether it's a DVD or a Bluray, you need to determine the correct Title or Playlist.

You can use VLC to determine the correct Title for a DVD, but I'm not sure it would work for a Bluray. For Blurays you could try using BDInfo to make a report and see what it thinks the correct playlist is for the movie.

SC