My sig has been disabled?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Smithcraft

My sig has been disabled?

Post by Smithcraft »

I edited my sig down and now it's not showing. I tried changing it back to what it was, but it still isn't showing.

I see other sigs are showing so I'm wondering what is going on...

SC

ps - "Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)" is checked
Smithcraft

Re: My sig has been disabled?

Post by Smithcraft »

Oh look! I have three unread messages. No emails were sent to let me know about these messages...

Looks like sigs with URLs have to be authorized. So I guess I wait for authorization. :?

SC
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, sigs with URLs are subject to review. I found that out early.... Part of the anti-spam protection, to catch those that are trying to accumulate lots of messages before they turn their signatures into spam. You remember them, I know you do.... ;)
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

It's a popular tactic among the scum.

It might be better to moderate the first few posts similar to the way the Handbrake forum works.

SC
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I tend to get suspicious when the signature ends with "Image". A quick check for the user name, email address, or IP on stopforumspam.com usually pops up "interesting" results.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I've never heard of the stopforumspam site. I'll have to give it a recommendation at another forum that is pestered by scum trying to sell sofas online (who would buy a sofa/couch online? ) or who make a somewhat related post only to start spamming away later. Otherwise, someone here has a sig that ends with a image that never loads.

And, I see my sig is authorized! :)

SC