Subtitle question

Everything related to MakeMKV
Izusaga

Subtitle question

Post by Izusaga »

I never have any need for subtitles, so when ripping my movies I uncheck all subtitles and then check HD-Master audio. Two questions:

1) Will removing the English subtitles make it so that scenes in movies where text is imposed on the screen that is NOT a visible subtitle for dialogue (for example, another language sign being displayed in English, or scenes in some movies where it displays locations and/or time/dates) also remove this text?

2) Is there a way to enable HD-Master audio by default? I've ripped about 200 of my movies and I'm only 1/5th of the way through, and there is no reason I would NOT have HD-Master for my 5.1 home theater so the ability to bypass this step on every MKV rip would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Izu
BlackDragon24

Re: Subtitle question

Post by BlackDragon24 »

Izusaga wrote:I never have any need for subtitles, so when ripping my movies I uncheck all subtitles and then check HD-Master audio. Two questions:

1) Will removing the English subtitles make it so that scenes in movies where text is imposed on the screen that is NOT a visible subtitle for dialogue (for example, another language sign being displayed in English, or scenes in some movies where it displays locations and/or time/dates) also remove this text?

2) Is there a way to enable HD-Master audio by default? I've ripped about 200 of my movies and I'm only 1/5th of the way through, and there is no reason I would NOT have HD-Master for my 5.1 home theater so the ability to bypass this step on every MKV rip would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Izu
1) Some movies have forced subtitles that you have to keep if you want to see the translation. Just check the "forced" subtitles for the language you need. Some examples of this include Avatar, X-men First Class, District 9, Dances with Wolves, etc.

2) I Don't know.
MI3Guy

Re: Subtitle question

Post by MI3Guy »

If you enable Expert mode, you can go the the Advanced tab and change the default selection rule.

Change the part that looks like

Code: Select all

-sel:(havemulti|havecore)
to

Code: Select all

-sel:(havemulti|core)