View MKV while processing?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Barny

View MKV while processing?

Post by Barny »

Hi all. This is my first visit, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I used makemkv for the first time yesterday and was amazed at the speed. The one thing I couldn't do was to view the mkv while it was in the process of being converted, is this normal, because I picked the wrong track and had talking by the director on it, so had to do it again.
BlackDragon24

Re: View MKV while processing?

Post by BlackDragon24 »

Barny wrote:Hi all. This is my first visit, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I used makemkv for the first time yesterday and was amazed at the speed. The one thing I couldn't do was to view the mkv while it was in the process of being converted, is this normal, because I picked the wrong track and had talking by the director on it, so had to do it again.
As far as I know makemkv does not have this functionality.

When you are unsure of which track to keep, it is best (in my opinion) to select them all in the language you need and then detemine afterwards which track is which. You can then remux the audio and video tracks with mkvmerge to get only the stuff you want.

After you use the program for awhile you become more savvy in determining which track in which just by looking at the titles of the tracks. But sometimes it is still difficult.

Cheers
Barny

Re: View MKV while processing?

Post by Barny »

OK thank you for quick reply. I suppose it isn't too long to wait approximately sixteen minutes for another correct copy. It is quicker than Freemake or Avidemux, but with those I am able to see it within the first couple of minutes, and of course the makemkv is real good quality.