How do you burn a disc once you have made a back up?

Everything related to MakeMKV
wilberforce55

How do you burn a disc once you have made a back up?

Post by wilberforce55 »

Hi all

New to this forum.

For Christmas i got a copy of Rio 3d,and in typical fox fashion have found it is region coded. So thought i would make a back up and strip the region coding so i could play on my BR player.

I have successfully created the back-up using MakeMKV back up feature, and found the file structure closely resembles the original (except rather than Certificate there is a MakeMKV file), was wondering if someone could point me as to how to burn the files back o a BD-R. Do i just use Toast or a burning program, or is there a bun function in MaleMKV to do it?

I have searched the FAQs and Forums and can't find the answer

Thanks
BlackDragon24

Re: How do you burn a disc once you have made a back up?

Post by BlackDragon24 »

wilberforce55 wrote:Hi all

New to this forum.

For Christmas i got a copy of Rio 3d,and in typical fox fashion have found it is region coded. So thought i would make a back up and strip the region coding so i could play on my BR player.

I have successfully created the back-up using MakeMKV back up feature, and found the file structure closely resembles the original (except rather than Certificate there is a MakeMKV file), was wondering if someone could point me as to how to burn the files back o a BD-R. Do i just use Toast or a burning program, or is there a bun function in MaleMKV to do it?

I have searched the FAQs and Forums and can't find the answer

Thanks
ImgBurn is my method of choice for all things burning. Free and it works every time.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@wilberforce55

Hi!

Based on your asking about "Toast", I presume you have a Mac. If so, you won't be able to use the suggested IMGBurn, as it's not Mac-compatible.

I believe you'll be able to use Toast Titanium 11 after using MakeMKV to make a DECRYPTED FULL DISC backup copy of your Blu-ray on your hard drive...

BTW -Your FULL DISC copy should contain BDMV, CERTIFICATE, AND MakeMKV folders - and you should be able to dispose of the MakeMKV folder with no negative effect...

Last edited by setarip_old on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
wilberforce55

Post by wilberforce55 »

Thanks

Yes i am on a MAc, will try that using Toast
wilberforce55

Post by wilberforce55 »

I finally got my BD50gb discs form Japan and have just burnt my first BD-SL using Makemkv.

I ripped (what i though was ) a decrypted back-up, which created three folders (BDMV, Certificate and MAKEMKV) burnt the disc as per Toast's instructions, and created a copy (which comparing the size of the original and the copy was the same

However, when I went to play it in my BD player (samsung) it came up with exactly the same screen as the original saying this Blu Ray Disc is encoded for a A machine, not a B machine.

Does the decrypted back up not strip out the region coding, or have i missed something?

Thanks

setarip_old wrote:@wilberforce55

Hi!

Based on your asking about "Toast", I presume you have a Mac. If so, you won't be able to use the suggested IMGBurn, as it's not Mac-compatible.

I believe you'll be able to use Toast Titanium 11 after using MakeMKV to make a DECRYPTED FULL DISC backup copy of your Blu-ray on your hard drive...

BTW -Your FULL DISC copy should contain BDMV, CERTIFICATE, AND MakeMKV folders - and you should be able to dispose of the MakeMKV folder with no negative effect...