[REQ]Auto disc lookup

Everything related to MakeMKV
doomedtx

[REQ]Auto disc lookup

Post by doomedtx »

After years of ripping DVDs I just discovered that some commercial DVDs can be automatically identified when inserted. I've been using YAMMM the past few days and it has more than 50% success in identifying DVDs automatically. The way I've got it setup, it creates a folder in my MKV rip directory, and then I use an autohotkey script to rename the title00.mkv to the folder's name, move the file into that folder and then move the folder to the movies directory on my NAS.

Knowing the technology exists, it would be great if this could be integrated into MakeMKV so that the file name could be auto-populated. It's a little thing, but when ripping a large library (400 discs and counting) every little bit of automation helps. Thanks again for this great software. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and register now to thank you for the work this far and support future development.
mike admin

Re: [REQ]Auto disc lookup

Post by mike admin »

There are many databases with DVD metadata, but unfortunately no single database provides an open free access to a commercial application like MakeMKV, tmdb included.