No PCM audio with ripped blu-ray mkv???

Everything related to MakeMKV
jsc1205

No PCM audio with ripped blu-ray mkv???

Post by jsc1205 »

I posted this in the playback forum as well since I wasnt sure where exactly to put it.

I have read several posts and saw that makemkv has an issue with PCM audio. I have ripped 3:10 to Yuma and Apocalypto both have PCM uncompressed audio, and when I play the mkv file back through my Dune HD Duo there is no audio at all. So would like to know if this is in the works and possibly an estimated time where it will not be an issue anymore

Please advise
jsc1205

Re: No PCM audio with ripped blu-ray mkv???

Post by jsc1205 »

So since there has been no response does that mean nobody is having a problem ripping blu-rays with PCM and its working correctly??
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Contrary to what Criterion has advertised, some of their DTS-HD blurays are PCM. I have not had any problems with ripping these discs, or playing back the rips.

However, it's been a while, and that was many versions of MakeMKV back, so something might have changed.

Also, you made your initial post on Friday. Not everyone monitors internet forums on the weekends, so waiting till Monday for a more informed response might be more valid that assuming that nobody has had this issue.

SC
jsc1205

Post by jsc1205 »

Looks like from other posts on here is that when MakeMKV rips the uncompressed LPCM, when you look at the mkv with MediaInfo it shows up as LPCM (Microsoft). Other post on here says its the wrong codec ID....according to mike admin. So the question now is, has this issue been fixed? Or is it coming soon?