How to preserve the main menu when creating MKV files

Everything related to MakeMKV
alpinemartin

How to preserve the main menu when creating MKV files

Post by alpinemartin »

As a new user to this forum and as a beginner in ripping and converting videos, I have searched for ways to ensure that the disc menues (regardless of whether Blueray menus or DVD menus) get preserved when ripping the Blueray or DVD. In my first attempts when using makemkv I get good results for the individual pieces, but lose the main menu.

For example, using Pinnacle Studio I have made both Bluerays and DVDs which contain several different videos (I presume I should call them chapters). I have also created the main menus, allowing me to see and select which videochapter I want to play. When I use makemkv to rip such Bluerays and DVDs to create the .mkv files, I have never succeeded in getting the main menu to be included.

What do I need to do, in order to get the main Blueray Menu / DVD Menu to be included when using makeMKV to create the files? :?
setarip_old

Re: How to preserve the main menu when creating MKV files

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Presently, the "Matroska"/MKV package format does not support the inclusion of menus...

Smithcraft

Re: How to preserve the main menu when creating MKV files

Post by Smithcraft »

To preserve the menus, you would need to create a backup/disc image of the disc.

SC