No audio on the bluray The Universe

Everything related to MakeMKV
benchmarkjoe

No audio on the bluray The Universe

Post by benchmarkjoe »

I rip the bluray video The Universe disk 1 and 2 today to MKV but when I'm playing, there is no sound. I am wonder that is anyone having problem like I do !!!
Marc_G

Re: No audio on the bluray The Universe

Post by Marc_G »

I've ripped these same discs and played them no problem on my system with no special audio codec configuration on my Win7MC system connected to a circa 2005 AV receiver via TOSLink.

I checked one of the files... it shows as PCM audio, so maybe your system isn't properly configured to play that type of sound.

Give us some specifics on your system / configuration / etc and maybe someone can help. Meanwhile, investigate what it will take for you to play PCM audio. If your receiver can't take PCM audio you may need AC3Filter or something like it to downconvert on the fly to whatever your receiver (or TV audio system) can handle.

Marc
benchmarkjoe

Post by benchmarkjoe »

I rip this one on my Dell 530 and 8100 with Window 7 ultimate, and play directly from PC to Sony. I have not down load any audio code, but I use KMP player to play the video.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

Ah, that probably explains it. Most TVs can't process incoming PCM audio. Check to see if your player can convert it to stereo or DD (which your TV can probably handle).
benchmarkjoe

Post by benchmarkjoe »

I guess I may have to use handbrake to change it audio to stereo and see how it will be working. will update.
benchmarkjoe

Post by benchmarkjoe »

Thanks, problem solved. I change it to stereo and it work.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

Good work; glad you got it working.