1.4.9 to 1.4.10

Everything related to MakeMKV
Spook

1.4.9 to 1.4.10

Post by Spook »

So, recently, I updated my system running AHCI to 1.4.10, as it was supposed to allow the MakeMKV to see the optical drives. And it did this. Initially I tested to make sure it worked, and it pulled the movie off the disk just fine. FF to today, and I have a problem getting a movie off another disk. It appears the movie is divided into several video files, none of which are larger than 5g. When I attempted to rip the movie, it managed to pull one video file down, but it was not the complete movie. maybe a 15min segment of it. So, attempt it on my 2nd system. This system had not been updated to 1.4.10 yet, as it is not running AHCI, and it was not necessary yet. This system found all the files, and bundled them together, and was able to pull the entire movie, and put it in the MKV wrapper. Just fine. When I upgraded to 1.4.10 on this system however, it went back to doing just a 15min segment of the movie.

Let me know if you need any more info, or if this is a known issue.
Spook

Re: 1.4.9 to 1.4.10

Post by Spook »

With 1.4.9, I can see makemkv scanning all the source files. on 1.4.10, it gets one .m2ts file, pulls it off, and puts it into a MKV wrapper.

I believe the difference between the first disk I tested, and this disk, is that the first disk used one large .m2ts video file, and this disk has the movie segmented in several .m2ts files, and they need to be muxed. 1.4.9 does it.... 1.4.10 doesn't

I saw a similar thread for Terminator - Salvation, that it appears was having the same issue.

Downgraded back to 1.4.9, and it works fine.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Sigh. This is confirmed for some blu-ray discs that use seamless branching and have hd audio tracks. Corrected in 1.4.11 .
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

So which movie was this then? I think I might like to puchase a copy. Or is it just Terminator Salvation is the one with the seamless branching?