makemkvcon and makemkvcon64 output status to file?

Everything related to MakeMKV
eMpTy3000

makemkvcon and makemkvcon64 output status to file?

Post by eMpTy3000 »

I've added MakeMKV support to the next version of Auto Rip n Compress for Windows 7 Media Center - http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/p/8169 ... spx#406084

One thing that I'm having a problem with is outputting to a file using the command line utilities. It does not output anything until it is finished processing. Does the next version fix this? Can it be fixed for the next version? I would need it to output line by line as it processes so I can use the output to show the status of the rip. This would be greatly appreciated by all who use Auto Rip n Compress.

Thanks!
eMpTy3000

Re: makemkvcon and makemkvcon64 output status to file?

Post by eMpTy3000 »

Or....

I see that MakeMKV is using either makemkvcon or makemkvcon64 to do the ripping. I would assume that it is somehow grabbing the status from either of those processes. Would it be possible for me to grab that information as well?

Thanks!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

yes, there is communication channel between makemkvcon and GUI. The GUI is opensource - the "linux" version contains source for all platforms including windows. please take a look and PM/email me if you need more details.
eMpTy3000

Post by eMpTy3000 »

Just wondering if any work has been done to allow the status be outputted or at least monitored more easily. People using Auto Rip n Compress would be very happy!

Thanks!