Feature requests - select all tracks, and auto-eject

Everything related to MakeMKV
Muzer

Feature requests - select all tracks, and auto-eject

Post by Muzer »

I have two minor feature requests - I can live without them, but they'd be nice things to have.

1) I tend to find the automatic detection of which audio tracks to select has a nasty tendency not to select audio commentary tracks to be included - I may at some point have also had an issue with good subtitle tracks not being included. Therefore I am in the habit of manually enabling all tracks for every single title before ripping. It'd be nice if there could be an option to enable *every* track automatically - this is a lot of manual labour that could better be done by a computer ;).

2) An option to automatically eject the disc after ripping. This would be useful to me purely as a reminder, especially if I'm not working on the computer during the ripping - it can take me quite some time to notice it's done and put the next disc in.

I hope you will consider these.

Thanks!
mike admin

Re: Feature requests - select all tracks, and auto-eject

Post by mike admin »

Muzer wrote: 1) I tend to find the automatic detection of which audio tracks to select has a nasty tendency not to select audio commentary tracks to be included - I may at some point have also had an issue with good subtitle tracks not being included. Therefore I am in the habit of manually enabling all tracks for every single title before ripping. It'd be nice if there could be an option to enable *every* track automatically - this is a lot of manual labour that could better be done by a computer ;).
Preferences, general, enable expert mode, advanced, default selection rule, "+sel:all". Please see http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
Muzer wrote: 2) An option to automatically eject the disc after ripping. This would be useful to me purely as a reminder, especially if I'm not working on the computer during the ripping - it can take me quite some time to notice it's done and put the next disc in.
This one (also with "play a sound at end") is on to-do list. Can't promise the timeframe though.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I'm doing it with my tool right now but and option to call up another program would be nice. Also, how about an option to pause encoding and especially to change thread priority of the encoding process? I'm on a dual core CPU but when encoding from disk A to B, it sometimes slows down and setting MakeMKV to 'idle' would be nice.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Muzer

Post by Muzer »

mike admin wrote:
Muzer wrote: 1) I tend to find the automatic detection of which audio tracks to select has a nasty tendency not to select audio commentary tracks to be included - I may at some point have also had an issue with good subtitle tracks not being included. Therefore I am in the habit of manually enabling all tracks for every single title before ripping. It'd be nice if there could be an option to enable *every* track automatically - this is a lot of manual labour that could better be done by a computer ;).
Preferences, general, enable expert mode, advanced, default selection rule, "+sel:all". Please see http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4386
Oh, thanks a lot. Is there a selection rule for attachments, or are they hardcoded to be always deselected for now?
sandvik

Post by sandvik »

Glad to hear you're working on the auto-eject feature. I have been wanting/needing this! I'm using Asus BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray burner (on a Mac Pro) It's not supported but does work very well. Only problem is, when a disk is left in for a few minutes the drive becomes inactive and must reboot in order to eject the disc. auto-eject upon completion would really be helpful in this regard.
jrstickles

Post by jrstickles »

I'm still struggling to deselect all. The best I can manage is to change the string where nothing within each track is selected, but I still have to manually deselect all the tracks, which for some movies seems like 5 or 6 pages. This single feature is the only reason I haven't bought this program, and continue to use it in Beta. Wouldn't it be easier if the program automatically selected the track with the most chapters in it (the actual movie)?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

With "-sel:all" I don't have any tracks selected, only all titles. Also, the title having the most chapters isn't necessarily the main movie in all cases.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

jrstickles wrote:I'm still struggling to deselect all. The best I can manage is to change the string where nothing within each track is selected, but I still have to manually deselect all the tracks, which for some movies seems like 5 or 6 pages.
Aside from already mentioned "-sel:all", you do know about "right click, unselect all" submenu, right?
jrstickles

Post by jrstickles »

mike admin wrote:
jrstickles wrote:I'm still struggling to deselect all. The best I can manage is to change the string where nothing within each track is selected, but I still have to manually deselect all the tracks, which for some movies seems like 5 or 6 pages.
Aside from already mentioned "-sel:all", you do know about "right click, unselect all" submenu, right?
Sorry for the long time between response. No, I'm sure I've tried to right click and nothing happens. I really need to go find some how to's and read them. I've been using this software for a few years because I love only having to manage one file for movies. I just purchased a key; figured I've gotten at least that much out of this software already, so I looked at the purchase as already paid for!
I'm using the WDTV profile, so is that the only place I need to change the "+sel:all" to "-sel:all"?
javierfireman

Post by javierfireman »

So, how long before makemkv has an auto-eject at the end of processing a DVD is available?