The DEMO verison has is too old...

Everything related to MakeMKV
Spook

The DEMO verison has is too old...

Post by Spook »

Getting the error message :

This DEMO version has is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com

just to say, I have 1.4.6 which I show is the latest download on http://www.makemkv.com

Download MakeMKV beta
MakeMKV for Windows and Mac OS X is available for download below. MakeMKV for Linux is available on the forum page.

* MakeMKV 1.4.6 for Windows
o Requires Windows XP, Vista or Win7, x86 or x64.

* MakeMKV 1.4.6 for Mac OS X
o Requires x86 Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

Revision history

* MakeMKV v1.4.6
o Fixed error causing MKV files to be too short for some DVDs
o Fixed error leading to duplicate and out-of-order audio frames in some MKVs
o Many corrections in MKV multiplexer (forced subtitles, default tracks, simple blocks)
o MakeMKV now produces more detailed debug log
o Aspect ratio and frame rate information is now displayed for video streams
o Blu-ray discs now open significantly faster
o Improved conversion speed on OSX and Linux

From what I understand(I've read), the version is due to expire 60days after the version is release, not necessarily installed... correct me if I'm wrong

Has 60days gone by? and is anyone else having this trouble?

Thanks
Spook
Spook

Re: The DEMO verison has is too old...

Post by Spook »

Ok, here is what I discovered playing with my 2 systems

1st.. I started using v1.4.5 which expired on 7-Sep. On my Vista64 system, backed up the date a few days, I could see the version I was using, and that it was out of date. Uninstalled the version, and resinstalled v1.4.6, and everything works fine and dandy... on the Vista system.

On the XP system, the one that started all this trouble. I uninstalled the 1.4.5 version, and installed 1.4.6, but it still wouldn't start, saying that the version was out of date. Backed up the date, and it said v1.4.5 was still installed, even though I clearly uninstalled 1.4.5, and installed 1.4.6... uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed, nothing still reading v1.4.5 hmmm So, uninstalled, again, and went in to the registry and did a search for instances of MakeMKV, and deleted those out of the registry. Reinstalled v1.4.6 one more time, and viola... v1.4.6 works.

So, it appears that something in the XP registry is not being uninstalled from v.1.4.5, and lingering around when installing v1.4.6

<Shrug> I don't know... so, v1.4.6 expires on Friday, Sep 25 2009.

Just a little SNAFU.... Understood.

Thanks Guys for the great program, looking forward to getting an official version.

Spook