Can only rip Directors Cut Pan's Labyrinth

Everything related to MakeMKV
jt114881

Can only rip Directors Cut Pan's Labyrinth

Post by jt114881 »

I have a BR version of Pan's Labyrinth that, no matter what title/audio track combination I select, will only rip the Directors Commentary version of the video (Audio and Visual commentary).
When I play the Bluray in WinDVD, when I click "play" from the title menu it asks me if I want to enable the Directors Commentary. Is there any way to rip just the movie without the commentary?
I don't care about menus or anything, I just want the English audio and normal video.
squirrelman10

Re: Can only rip Directors Cut Pan's Labyrinth

Post by squirrelman10 »

i had an issue with this also with 28 days the horror film i was sad that it had the directors commentary

I think makemkv needs to be updated to be able to remove that
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@jt114881

Hi!
I have a BR version of Pan's Labyrinth
Is it an original, commercial Blu-ray disc?
jt114881

Post by jt114881 »

Actually this was just me being an Idiot. I was trying to rip the video with the English audio, however every time I would rip the English audio track it would be a director's voice over. I just realized that this movie is only available in a Spanish dub with English subtitles, there is no English audio track (other than the director's voice over in English) on the disc.

Yes this is a commercial version of the disc.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Glad to hear you resolved your problem ;>}

FYI - The DVD version doesn't contain a primary English audiostream either (only Spanish plus English "Director's Commentary" plus English subs)