Purchasing MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
hotrodbob1976

Purchasing MakeMKV

Post by hotrodbob1976 »

Quick Question. If I purchase MakeMKV does my registration key work for both Windows and Linux? I run both and would like to use it on each? Thanks.
NutFlush920

Re: Purchasing MakeMKV

Post by NutFlush920 »

Not sure about Linux but, I confirm it does on Windows and Mac. Just don't use both at the same time per TOS.
hotrodbob1976

Post by hotrodbob1976 »

What do you mean by don't use at the same time? I want to install it on both the Windows partition and my Linux partition and enable it using the registration key I purchase. Is that possible? Or must I install on only one OS at a time? What is TOS by the way? Thanks.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Terms Of Sale...
joe42

Post by joe42 »

Or if you need to use both at the same time, use one copy registered, and the other copy using a beta license.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

The Original Series!

Kirk ?ber alles! :lol:

SC
hotrodbob1976

Post by hotrodbob1976 »

joe42 wrote:Or if you need to use both at the same time, use one copy registered, and the other copy using a beta license.
So if I understand this correctly, you can't have it registered twice. To me that would mean the first machine/partition you install it on would be the only one you could reliably use it on. As the Beta License is only good for 30 days. Is what I am saying correct. Where can I find the Terms of Sale statement? I don't want to have to purchase this software twice is the thing. Thanks.
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

You can use the same key at the same time on each OS. Just don't use MakeMKV at the same time meaning rip a movie in Windows then rip a different one in Linux at the exact same time.

TOS = Terms of Sale or Terms of Service (In other words license agreement)
joe42

Post by joe42 »

hotrodbob1976 wrote:
joe42 wrote:Or if you need to use both at the same time, use one copy registered, and the other copy using a beta license.
So if I understand this correctly, you can't have it registered twice. To me that would mean the first machine/partition you install it on would be the only one you could reliably use it on. As the Beta License is only good for 30 days. Is what I am saying correct. Where can I find the Terms of Sale statement? I don't want to have to purchase this software twice is the thing. Thanks.
My statement was referring to what I believe is the usual rule for software. You may not run two copies of the software at the same time (I mean that literally, at the same instant in time) on different computers if you only purchase one license. But with MakeMKV, I believe it is on the honor system. So your "reliably" statement is incorrect. You could run two copies at the same time reliably, but just not honorably (at least, assuming MakeMKV's license has the rule that I think it does).