Feature Request: Select All/None Titles

Everything related to MakeMKV
HooRide

Feature Request: Select All/None Titles

Post by HooRide »

I usually only want to extract one "Title" from blu-ray and dvd disks so I think a button to un-check all of the titles so that I can just check the one I need would be a great time-saver.
HooRide

Re: Feature Request: Select All/None Titles

Post by HooRide »

Oh, I just discovered the control-click option menu...no need for a button I guess.
JasonX

Post by JasonX »

I was wondering the same thing... I'll have to try out the CTRL click thing but I do agree a select/deselect all would be intuitive.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I take it you guys didn't right click at all, eh? ;)
JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

On a related note, Is there a way to select duplicate tracks? MKV automatically skips dups. I have a DVD that has a run time of 2:20, MKV sees title 0 and title 1 as 1:07:38 each and drops one as a duplicate. I want to rip both titles because I know that they are both valid.

Any way to disable the auto skip?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@JohnnyK

Hi!
I want to rip both titles because I know that they are both valid.

1) Please clarify - Are both tracks simply VALID and identical, or are they DIFFERENT from each other?

2) have you actually PLAYED the DVD to determine the actual runtime?

3) What is the Title and Region of the DVD?

JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

The title is Push by Matchstick Productions and the actual total run time is about 2:20. The region is USA (region 1). Both titles are identical and nothing else shows up as any length beyond 10 minutes.

Is there any way to choose what to rip?

Cheers.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@JohnyK

To say that what you appear to be describing is confusing would be a gross understatement, especially since Amazon.com indicates that the "Push" skiing DVD by Matchbox runs only 60 minutes.

1) If, as you say, MakeMKV identifies "Title 0" and "Title 1" to be IDENTICAL and you AGREE that they are identical, what possible purpose would be served by trying to find a way to rip both titles?

2) Since you say that you KNOW that both titles are identical, may I ask how you determined that?

3) Does your single disc DVD also include "Pull", or do you have the two disc set?

JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

I'll go back and take a look at it. The run time listed as 2:20 may include pull. I'll look closer.

But to the origional question is "can you manually choose which tracks to record or which to skip?" there may never be a need to use this feature (given the uncertainty of my immediate need), but can you do it?

Cheers.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

can you manually choose which tracks to record or which to skip?
No, you CANNOT select a title (DVD) that MakeMKV has determined to be an EXACT duplicate (including navigation) of another title.

Please answer MY question - Again, since you say that you KNOW that both titles are identical, may I ask how you determined that?

JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

I don't appreciate the tone and attacking nature of your "help". I may be wrong in my memory of the film length and will investigate further. I thought it was a two hour movie. I'll figure it out myself and not waste your time any more.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Just sincerely trying to help you, but it's hard if you can't or won't provide accurate information and twice decline to answer a question that might provide some enlightenment. (How did you determine that thetwo titles are identical?). The more information you can provide, the better able I, or another member may be able to help you...

JohnnyK

Post by JohnnyK »

I appreciate the help. MakeMKV determined that the tracks were identical. I also used Handbrake and it lists the two tracks as 1:07:38 each. Handbrake failed to rip the tittle because of the protection.

It has been a while since I watched the movie, but I thought that it was longer than an hour. I could be wrong and it is only an hour.

I am on holiday right now and will investigate further next week.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

It would seem that there's nothing further to be resolved. No, you cannt select a title (DVD) that MakeMKV has determined to be an exact duplicate (including navigation) of another title.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday ;>}