Mkv file vs. M2ts file

Everything related to MakeMKV
paranoiddroid

Mkv file vs. M2ts file

Post by paranoiddroid »

I searched around...didn't see anything about it. Sorry in advance if its a stupid question as I'm new to this.

When I first downloaded MakeMKV, everything was fine. I put a bluray in and ripped a perfect 1080p copy with DTS-HD audio (which is what I want), and it was one complete file (mkv) that I could play in VLC. I used the "BluRay-->Hard drive" button on the main screen. Since that first BD, that button wont work anymore and I get errors on every BD. Now I have to use the "Backup" button towards the top. This gives me several m2ts files. I have no idea if I got HD audio with the rip. I don't even know if its 1080p.

Is there a reason that "BD-->HD" button isn't working anymore?
setarip_old

Re: Mkv file vs. M2ts file

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
I get errors on every BD
Please be specific -

1) What Blu-ray discs (Title and Region) are problematic?

2) What are the SPECIFIC error messages?

3) Submit an error log

The "Backup" button is used to make a "FULL DISC" copyof your original, commercial Blu-ray disc, not an .MKV file...

paranoiddroid

Post by paranoiddroid »

MakeMKV v1.6.15 win(x64-release) started
The program can't find any usable optical drives.

Thats what Ive gotten half the time. The other half is just failed to open disc.

This past one (Thor) had the above message. I don't know which region it is. I'm in the US and it played on my ps3 if that helps.

Ive been doing just a backup in hopes that i could combine all the files at a later time to make a complete movie.

Is this a common problem.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

The program can't find any usable optical drives.
Thats what Ive gotten half the time. The other half is just failed to open disc.
Sounds like your drive may be failing...