MakeMKV not seeming to see a movie/tv episode when it scans the disk

Everything related to MakeMKV
Denelab7866

MakeMKV not seeming to see a movie/tv episode when it scans the disk

Post by Denelab7866 »

I’m wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Of everything I’ve scanned and copied to my computer so far, there have only been 1 movie and two episodes of a tv series (on the same disk) that makemkv has not seemed to realize are on the disk. Other things like the videos of menus and such are there, just not the actual movie/tv episode. Anyone else run into this and is there a way to correct it? The disks are clean, they aren’t scratched.
Woodstock

Re: Makena not seeming to see a movie/tv episode when it scans the disk

Post by Woodstock »

What do you have your minimum track length set to, vs the length of the "missing" tracks? Some people have their minimum track length set to 30 minutes, and episodes are likely less.
Denelab7866

Re: MakeMKV not seeming to see a movie/tv episode when it scans the disk

Post by Denelab7866 »

120 seconds. That’s short enough that a full length movie or tv episode shouldn’t be ignored.
dcoke22

Re: MakeMKV not seeming to see a movie/tv episode when it scans the disk

Post by dcoke22 »

If the discs in question are DVDs, you could try the different opening modes for DVDs.

If that doesn't work, you could try making a decrypted backup of the disc and then opening that backup with the MKVToolNix GUI and creating .mkv files from there.

In MakeMKV, to make a decrypted backup, on the first screen, click the icon of a yellow folder with a green arrow and make sure the decrypted box is checked.