Make MKV Not getting past the registration

Everything related to MakeMKV
JJD2000

Make MKV Not getting past the registration

Post by JJD2000 »

I just tried to use Make MKV. I was prompted that the key was old and I had to register a new key. I went and copied the new key, went back and hit the register button and the box went away for about 10 seconds and an error message popped up that said "Fatal error occured Program will shut down" or something similar to that... After shutting Down, the registration box came up with a large String of characters in the registration box. I deleted all the Characters and pasted in the new key and it will not allow me to hit OK... The program worked fine the last time I used it...This was prior to the need of a new Registration key. I looked at past posts and tried a few things...So Far, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the current version...No help...I have updated my machine to the latest updates with a system restart...no help...I have went back to an earlier version...no help...I also have went into the computer settings and did a troubleshoot on the program itself...no help...I am running A Dell Alienware laptop from 2018 with Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit. Any other ideas??
Woodstock

Re: Make MKV Not getting past the registration

Post by Woodstock »

A note posted in the FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys update a couple of days ago,
UPDATE: If you have a disk in the drive when you install a new key (beta or permanent), most of the time, it will not "take". Make sure your DVD/BD/UHD drive is EMPTY when you enter the new key!
The author also posted MakeMKV 1.17.7 too old, crashes on start two days ago.

You did not mention whether the drive was empty or not.