issue with ripping.

Everything related to MakeMKV
DarthJarJar

issue with ripping.

Post by DarthJarJar »

I tried ripping John wick uhd 4k disk. And I got encountered 49 errors of reading error. Makemkv claims it is either a bad disk or bad writer. My writer is verbatim 43888. I just received it like a couple days ago. I also ripped non uhd disks just fine, without that error. The John wick is a brand new disk without any scratches. Is it more likely it's a bad disk or bad writer?
Flesh

Re: issue with ripping.

Post by Flesh »

Try a different random disk - if it works I'd argue bad disk. Some folks mention that even brand new out of box disks can fail and/or need a cleaning prior to ripping in the past.
DarthJarJar

Post by DarthJarJar »

The only uhd disk that i have is John wick. It would be fine to use a non uhd disk right? Might be a stupid question but oh well 🤣
DarthJarJar

Post by DarthJarJar »

Seems the disk needed to be cleaned, bc after I did. It ripped successfully twice. Seems uhd disks are more sensitive than normal blueray disks.
Bigwozza

Post by Bigwozza »

I'm glad it is ripping for you.
I'm having issue now though. I have been using the Beta for about month with no issues at all. Then I was just about to purchase a full license, but as I went to launch MakeMKV to purchase it said license expired. No problem, down load and re-install.

BUT that didn't work, said license expired. I can't find it now but somewhere on this site it shows the beta license key as valid until August 31st 2024. It hinted at changing the PC system date to launch. That works, but now EVERY dvd I try to rip ends in failure. I get multiple lines of errors ( screenshot attached ).

I have tried to rip about 15 dvds with no success. But I can rip using another product ( no names, but I think MakeMKV says it makes corrupt VOBs or something ;) ).

I really want to purchase this product, but now I'm feeling a little bit worried it might not work.
Attachments
MakeMKV.jpg
MakeMKV.jpg (290.99 KiB) Viewed 193 times