Disk Directory for ripping chapters based on preferences

Everything related to MakeMKV
Iansilv

Disk Directory for ripping chapters based on preferences

Post by Iansilv »

Would it be possible to have a directory that makemkv downloaded disk profiles from where people could name the files as makemkv reads disks, so that the program would always be able to correctly rip the movie or individual chapters, etc. and be able include / exclude parts of a disk based on preset preferences?

For example- if I have an option to rip only the main movie, and only use the highest quality sound track avaialble in order of trueHD, DTS master, then dolby digital, and MakeMKV identifies a disk and retrieves a disk profile, it would always know the correct files to rip to MKV because the disk profiel for my disk would have labeled the individual files already identified...

Sorry, I hope I am making sense here. I am basically wondering if MakeMKV could ever be disk profile driven, rather than analyzing each disk individually for better accuracy and control over how rips are done.

Thank you for any thoughts.
Iansilv

Re: Disk Directory for ripping chapters based on preferences

Post by Iansilv »

I have worked with MakeMKV some more and maybe I am missing something fundamental... Where are the options for things like "Main Movie Only" or "Main Movie with Menu" and the different sound formats?