Importent improvements regarding audio, subtitles and series

Everything related to MakeMKV
WobbelPobbel

Importent improvements regarding audio, subtitles and series

Post by WobbelPobbel »

Hi there,

I like makemkv very, very much. But as usual: everything that is very good, can be made even better ;)

Maybe you consider to add the following improvements in one of the next versions of MakeMKV?
a.) Define the default audio track in the destination mkv file
b.) Define the default subtitle track incl. default subtitle is off in the dest mkv file
c.) for series dvd with one more episodes define a setup set and allow one file per episode in one go

a.) When i create a mkv file with more than one audio track i get the first selected source audio track as default. Sometimes this is the foreign track which i like to have, but not as the default one

b.) I would like to have subtitles in the dest mkv, but some dest mkvs start with subtitels turned "on" by default. I always have to disable them when viewing. There should be an option to set Subtitles off as default or maybe selected: which one of the subtitle tracks is the default one and is it on or off.

c.) If i create mkvs from a series season dvd i would like to get one mkv file for each episode (if the dvd contains one section per episode). I also would like to have a selection set per dvd. This means:
- Episode 1 of 5 on the DVD supports Eng. Ger. Span. Ity. aus Audio and Subtitle
- I like to select Eng. Ger. als Audio and Subtitels and then advice MakeMKV to use this selection for the other 4 Episodes. This selection can be saved and if the DVD with season 2 has the same Audio track and Subtitle Strukture i would like ti apply this settings... this would save tousends of clicks :) Alternative: an easyier selection of Audiotracks- and Subtitles

Hope this helps to improve a very good tool.

Thanks!
mike admin

Re: Importent improvements regarding audio, subtitles and se

Post by mike admin »

Many of suggested improvements are actually planned in a near future. Can't promise any firm time frame unfortunately.