Request for help with backups

Everything related to MakeMKV
SC-Monkey

Request for help with backups

Post by SC-Monkey »

Hello. I've been using makemkv for awhile now to backup my BD collection for use with the Plex media server. Recently I've been having problems backing up some concert BD's. For my Soundstage concerts (Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, Seal, Michael McDonald, etc...) The BD's backup with no errors reported by makemkv. However, when I try to view the .m2ts file with VLC I can hear the audio for the concert, but there is no video. I'm getting the same results when I try to backup my AC/DC No Bull BD. I've also tried loading the backup files into Aunsoft iMedia Convertor, but I still get the same results - audio, but no video. Is there anything special that I need to do to backup these discs? Most of my other concert discs have backed up without a problem. The only other problem child is The Police, Certifiable BD which again backs up without an error message from makemkv, but only plays audio, and displays a warning message for the video portion after transcoding in iMedia Convertor. If anyone has experience backing up these discs your help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the lengthy post.
Romansh

Re: Request for help with backups

Post by Romansh »

Sounds like the video may be interlaced VC-1, which FFmpeg/libavcodec (and therefore VLC, Plex, etc.) can't decode.