TV show "Play All"

Everything related to MakeMKV
tylergfoster

TV show "Play All"

Post by tylergfoster »

Apologies if this has been asked before.

When ripping a TV show Blu-ray that has a "Play All" option, is there any way to prompt MakeMKV to look for a playlist that will play every episode as a continuous program and rip it as a single video file? I admit I have no idea, from a technical standpoint, if there is a difference between the disc being able to play all three episodes of a show off of a Blu-ray using that kind of menu selection as a "playlist" and the kind of "playlist" that obfuscates the correct movie on a Lionsgate disc, so if this is also a stupid question then please disregard.
dcoke22

Re: TV show "Play All"

Post by dcoke22 »

It depends on how the disc is authored.

Out of curiosity, why would you want that? If it is just to make it easier to binge watch a season of a TV show, most systems like Plex have a way to create a playlist of individual episodes. Since most TV seasons on blu-ray span multiple discs a playlist would perhaps be better than one big video file.

If you're really intent on getting one big video file, tools like the MKVToolNix tools or ffmpeg can concatenate multiple video files together.
tylergfoster

Re: TV show "Play All"

Post by tylergfoster »

It seemed like it might be easier for a niche purpose, but I think I've found an easier way.