output directory / folder

Everything related to MakeMKV
fpefpe

output directory / folder

Post by fpefpe »

Hello --- I don't know if I noticed this in the past, but before I process/rip a DVD I will create the output folder for the mkv files.

In this case, the output put folder was 3 levels down, ie

k:\rips\collection\mkvfiles (this is a windows issue)

After the disc was pre-processed, and it was ready to rip, I used the "browser" option to find the output folder, "mkvfiles", but browse would not / could not "see" folder below "collection" --- I had to manually cut n' past the full path

k:\rips\collection\mkvfiles

and past it into the "output folder" location

Did I miss an option for "browse" or is "browse" limited to just one level down??
Woodstock

Re: output directory / folder

Post by Woodstock »

Possibly a windows permission issue, but more likely a case where Windows hasn't refreshed its view of the directory.

Sometimes, Explorer can absolutely refuse to see changes in a directory for long periods of time, but a CMD prompt can access them just fine. And then, Explorer wakes up. This is especially frequent with network resources.
Username1267

Post by Username1267 »

A few versions ago makemkv used the windows native "save file"-window. This window worked just fine. But now it's using a window from a GUI package which is full of bugs. I can't use this window at all, no matter in with level/subdirectory I am because it doesn't even show my drives, so I always have to use the copy and paste method for the storage path. This is not a Windows related bug. It's a bug in the GUI package makemkv uses. Makemkv does not use the Windows Explorer anymore to show the browsing window so the explanation by Woodstock is incorrect, as far as I know.

Sadly this regression was never fixed even though the developer already received a bug report months ago.

The cleanest way to fix this bug is to throw out the GUI package and use the Windows native GUI again. Microsoft spent so much development time into creating their UI. Much more than any hobby GUI package developer could do. This is why the Windows native GUI has much less bugs. Also the size of makemkv increased noticeable when the GUI package was added.

But I can admit, that the Windows Explorer refresh bug that Woodstock mentioned does exist but I don't think that it is related to this issue.
ZR1Dude

Post by ZR1Dude »

I upgraded to Windows 11 on my system in December and recently used MKV to install some New DVD's. The latest MKV update (v1.16.7 (x64-release) was installed and everything works except the Output folder will not be saved? Is this an error or is there a new format required for the Output folder to be saved?
vapor26

Post by vapor26 »

I am having the same problem with the Windows version of MakeMKV v 1.16.7. It will not save the desired output folder. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro.