What BluRay file is the English Version ?

Everything related to MakeMKV
topgazza

What BluRay file is the English Version ?

Post by topgazza »

Just trying BluRay rip for the first time but I have 5 25gb files give or take a meg or so....how do I tell which one is the English version... or can't you ? And do I have to convert 125gb of files and play each one to find out ? Before I retire..... :D
setarip_old

Re: What BluRay file is the English Version ?

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

What is the title and region of your Blu-ray disc?

topgazza

Post by topgazza »

Thanks for replying.

The film is the superb "UP"

I guess that as BluRays are region free (?) but I am in the UK the first file is the UK one ? Reason I say that is I have just, overnight, ripped the movie and actually have 6 24-25 GB files and the first one is English...probaly just luck ? or design ?

Interestingly the one I ripped yesterday the audio was in English but any sign in the film was in French. I suppose the viewer would select what audio language before they started but curious the default appeared to be English for speech but French for written word.
Icanseestars

Post by Icanseestars »

This happens with Pixar movies, its the way they author the Blu-ray for multi-language, MakeMKV usually can tell you which language track it is if you expand the main movie selection before ripping. For example the first track on Wall-E is the English audio track and English video steam when ripped through MakeMKV but for other rippers it is not.
topgazza

Post by topgazza »

Good tip, thank you. Just ripping another film and I have deleted all the non English subtitles and audio/video. Much easier. For some reason I have never considered that you could expand those selections...doh!