BD-Live

Everything related to MakeMKV
Muzer

BD-Live

Post by Muzer »

I've been wondering about BD-Live, about how easy (or not) it would be to implement. I don't know much about the actual technology, but would it be possible to get makeMKV to parse the file(s) necessary for the URL, and download + decrypt (if necessary, I don't know whether or not BD-Live is encrypted) any BD-Live video? Or is it more complicated than that?

If you won't support this, is there a tool that does/will?
mike admin

Re: BD-Live

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV presentl doesn't support this. Support can be added for decryption of already downloaded files, but it's unlikely that MakeMKV would ever emulate BD-Live and download files by itself.
Muzer

Post by Muzer »

How easy is it to find the URL of the BD-Live files? I mean, is there a reference file on the disc somewhere with all BD-Live content URLs in it, or do you have to decompile the menu or something?
Muzer

Post by Muzer »

I now have a BD player that'll download BD Live content onto an external storage medium. Is there therefore any way to decrypt them? I've seen a few random guides on the internet but they seem to revolve around Windows and AnyDVD.

EDIT: It seems I spoke to soon - I had a proper look, and it looks as if at least some (perhaps all, I didn't check) of the files are already decrypted. Great!

EDIT2: Yeah, all of them are decrypted. Odd, I was under the impression they wouldn't be.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Muzer wrote:EDIT2: Yeah, all of them are decrypted. Odd, I was under the impression they wouldn't be.
They may as well be encrypted.
htom61

Post by htom61 »

This seems to be the only time in this forum this topic was raised, so I'll ask if the MakeMKV program can currently be used to decrypt files downloaded via BD-Live. I think the only files I have downloaded through PowerDVD were those supplemental files for the Neil Young Archives set.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I've seen no indication that MakeMKV does anything with network content in its current version.