Problems with MakeMKV and Tvix

Everything related to MakeMKV
G2pro

Problems with MakeMKV and Tvix

Post by G2pro »

I have a DVico Tvix media player. It can play .iso, mkv etc... I have had no problems playing any mkv that i have downloaded from the net.
However when I try and play any mkv that I have made with MakeMKV beta 1.3 build 722 win x86 the Tvix reboots.
My Tvix has the latest Firmware 1.3.74.
The mkvs that i have made from MakeMKV work fine on my pc in VLC and Zoom.
I noticed that there is a new build for MakeMKV I will give that a try and report back here.
My process for creating an mkv is AnyDVD to create an iso then load the iso with virtual clone drive and then use MakeMKV.
I have only tried this with DVD not any Blu-ray or HD-DVD's.
TopGun2010

Re: Problems with MakeMKV and Tvix

Post by TopGun2010 »

You don't need AnyDVD. MakeMKV can direct read from your Blu-ray station.
G2pro

Post by G2pro »

Well, I tried upgrading to the latest build, v1.3 build 797 and had the same problem.
It didn't matter if the source was a DVD or and .iso file, it would crash the tvix on loading.
I tried ripping an episode of the Tudors from and .iso file and it played fine on the tvix.
After looking at all the file the only difference I could see was that the Tudors didn't have any subtitles.
I found another disc that didn't have subtitles and rip that to an MKV and it worked.
I then tried a movie that had sub titles, but told MakeMKV not to rip the subtitles and that file worked fine.
So what I have found is that any mkv that I make with MakeMKV that has subtitles will crash the tvix.
From what I can find most mkv that I have downloaded have been made with mkvmerge and they have subtitles and I have no problem playing them on the tvix.
I would say that i was doing something wrong, but the only options in MakeMKV are subtitles or no subtitles.
I have noticed that there is a new pre-beta of the tvix 6500a firmware 1.3.110 I may give that a try and see if that makes a difference.
Has anyone else had this problems?
Thanks
SeveLoic

Post by SeveLoic »

Hi,

Thanks for this soft, It's sfast and simple. As I don't care for the size of the file (using 1To in a TVIX box), it's perfect : all the function of a DVD without the disk. The disks are safe, kids can zap from one movie to another without fingerprint on the disk.

But when I include subtitle, my TVIX box is failling as explained in this topic.

Is there a way to workaround this ?

Regards
G2pro

Post by G2pro »

I am using MakeMkv v1.4.2 beta and I have upgraded my Tvix 6500 to firmware 1.3.95 beta. I still have the same problem, any mkv that I create with makemkv that has subtitles causes the tvix to reboot.
If anyone comes up with a solution please post it here, thanks.

Other than this problem, I love the software it works great and is very fast.
SeveLoic

Post by SeveLoic »

I posted the issue on TVIX support. They were able to reproduce it, it should be corrected in the next firmware (cf thier quote below).

Regards
I have just heard from our engineer.
The problem of mkv made by makemkv util was fixed.
It will be applied to new beta firmware soon.
SeveLoic

Post by SeveLoic »

The last firmware of TVIX is solving this issue, the box is no more rebooting.

However, the description of the language doesn't show. Both subtitles have no description.

Any idea ?

Regards
G2pro

Post by G2pro »

I am now using tvix firmware 1.4.25 and it seems to have solved the reboot problem.
When I hit subtitles, it gives me a choice of the languages that have subtitles for. exp... English, Spanish, French
If there are other descriptions, I must have missed them, but it all seems to be working fine.