Improve rip process productivity

Everything related to MakeMKV
ptr727

Improve rip process productivity

Post by ptr727 »

Thank you for a great product (I already paid for a license).
I some enhancement requests to make ripping more time efficient and productive:

1. When opening media, please show the track details in columns.
Today I have to expand every track, review the language and subtitles, and then decide if I want that track.
It would be much easier if the track information was displayed in columns with all details available at first sight.

2. Allow me to change both the directory and the filename of the created file.
Today I can only set the directory, and after the media is created, I have to rename the MKV file.

3. Allow me to select a directory as source.
Today I have to select a media file, e.g. an IFO file in a DVD VIDEO_TS folder.
Just let me select the media folder, e.g. root of DVD, and you figure out what the contents is.
(Like DVDFab does it)

4. Support batching of jobs.
Let me use the GUI to create multiple jobs, then start the jobs while I can walk away and let the tasks complete.

5. Let me specify the subtitle format.
Native embedded, SRT embedded, SRT external, etc.

6. Pre-select titles based on language, audio, and subtitle preference.
In most instances I only want one title, but I have to either right click un-select all, or un-select individually.
Then I have to find the right title, audio, and subtitles that matches my preference.
Let me set a preference as an option, and you default select the track, audio, and subtitle based on my preference match.

7. Add .IMG as an image file format, similar to .ISO.
Even if I manually open a .IMG file, nothing happens, I have to rename it to .ISO.

8. Flash the window or play a sound when conversion completes.
There is no audible or visible way to be notified when ripping is complete.

P.
skittle

Re: Improve rip process productivity

Post by skittle »

3) probably possible, but why so hard to select ifo?
4) batch processing is possible using the command line and a simple batch script.
5) is not possible, as subtitles have to be converted (OCR) from image based PGS (bluray) or sub/idx (dvd) subtitles first.
ptr727

Post by ptr727 »

skittle wrote:3) probably possible, but why so hard to select ifo?
4) batch processing is possible using the command line and a simple batch script.
5) is not possible, as subtitles have to be converted (OCR) from image based PGS (bluray) or sub/idx (dvd) subtitles first.
3) It is not hard, just inconsistent, nor is it hard for the app to detect the folder content type?
4) Yes, but no easy way to create the script, using the UI is much easier.
5) For text types yes, but for video\raster types, i still want more control on type of sub and embedded or external.

One more:
9. Allow me to set the media title in the MKV.
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

skittle wrote:4) batch processing is possible using the command line and a simple batch script.
Only if you don't need to do any changes on audio/subtitle tracks. This can't be scripted.
skittle

Post by skittle »

cant be scripted huh ;)

Code: Select all

title THE IMPOSSIBLE SCRIPT!
:job1
makemkvcon blablabla
:endjob1

:job2
makemkvcon blablabla
:endjob2
Sure you dont have the GUI to put neat little checkboxes for stuff... but thats all there is to it.
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

skittle wrote:Sure you dont have the GUI to put neat little checkboxes for stuff... but thats all there is to it.
Tell me again how makemkvcon let's me select which audio and subtitle track I want.