Decryption withion MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
allisong

Decryption withion MakeMKV

Post by allisong »

I am probably like many others and use AnyDVDHD as it is very frequently updated with the very latest decryption techniques, (three releases in 10 days for specific Blu-Rays).

When I use MakeMKV with AnyDVDHD it always "alarms" me, yet I have not experienced any issues at all when leaving it in place. I always rip the Blu-Ray to the hard disk and then use MakeMKV to make the MKV file.

I would like to see that "error" message turned off for hard disk folders or even Blu-Ray disks as it just does not serve any real purpose it seems?

Perhaps ven go so far as to have the option to turn off the internal MakeMKV decryption entirely for those that prefer to use an external decrypter (my preference).

I certainly will be willing to pay for MakeMKV as long as it keeps upe with this chaning landscape, my only worry right now is that I do not see active development? (Forgive me if I am wrong).

Many thanks for the Beta and for the excellent program so far.
skittle

Re: Decryption withion MakeMKV

Post by skittle »

makemkv gives that error message because anydvd has been known to interfere with makemkv's decrypting, so it will not go away.
makemkv has also been known to occasionally choke on decrypted output files from anydvd, but can read it from the disk no problem. Do not know if this is still true with the latest makemkv.
makemkv is also under very active development (just look at the changelogs!) however its engine is different from anydvd, it gets updates for BD+ titles through a file:
http://www.makemkv.com/svq/

So why use an external decrypter when makemkv can do it? Its an un-necessary step!