MKV v 1.10

Everything related to MakeMKV
reol09

MKV v 1.10

Post by reol09 »

Hi everyone. I a few months ago I purchased the MKV licensed. I am on v 1.9.9. I noticed that v1.10 is out. How do I upgrade? I checked to see if there was an "check for update" option anywhere on the menu of the software, but could not find anything. I am using the Mac version of the program. Thank you in advance for your help.
Woodstock

Re: MKV v 1.10

Post by Woodstock »

Upgrade procedure: Download new version install file. Run it. Follow prompts.

The main thing to watch for is that you allow the old version to finish uninstalling before you start installing the new version.

The other thing to watch for is, if you have customized any profiles, you copy them to the MakeMKV data directory before updating. The entire MakeMKV program directory is deleted during the uninstall, so your custom profiles need to be elsewhere, and the data directory is where that "elsewhere" should be.

You can find the MakeMKV data directory by going to Preferences->General.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Woodstock wrote:Upgrade procedure: Download new version install file. Run it. Follow prompts.

The main thing to watch for is that you allow the old version to finish uninstalling before you start installing the new version.

The other thing to watch for is, if you have customized any profiles, you copy them to the MakeMKV data directory before updating. The entire MakeMKV program directory is deleted during the uninstall, so your custom profiles need to be elsewhere, and the data directory is where that "elsewhere" should be.

You can find the MakeMKV data directory by going to Preferences->General.
In a Windows world, yes......but it's a little different (simpler?) on our Macs.

All we have to do is download the new version, which is in a .dmg (image) file, open it and drag/drop or copy/paste the new version to the Applications folder. A message will appear alerting us to the fact that an older version exists, do we wish to delete it or keep both files. In my case I usually keep a couple of recent builds until I'm satisfied the latest version operates correctly.

And we never have to worry about custom profiles not being carried over. 8)
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
br408408

Post by br408408 »

In a Linux world, it is also like a Mac, you don't loose anything that you customized
reol09

Post by reol09 »

Awesome. Thanks guys!