Chapters

Everything related to MakeMKV
moviebuff

Chapters

Post by moviebuff »

It seems that chapters are only created sometimes when I use makemkv to convert a blu ray into a mkv file? Im puzzled because it sometimes does create the chapters and sometimes it doesnt. Not sure if im missing something but I always make sure I click on the large file with a # chapters beside it. But upon completion there isnt any just ony big file .
tony55

Re: Chapters

Post by tony55 »

I hadn't found that to be the case with my usage. The earlier versions would not show chapters sometimes even though there were chapters and it did not process them. Maybe the newest version sometimes shows the chapters but still doesn't process them. I just haven't run into the problem yet.

To make sure it's not processing the chapters try MediaInfo in tree mode. If the chapters are there it will show them.

Tony
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@moviebuff

Hi!
I always make sure I click on the large file with a # chapters beside it
When all titles are first displayed, they are ALL SELECTED (checkmark next to each of them). It sounds like you may be DE-selecting the the title you actually want to select...
moviebuff

Post by moviebuff »

Well I tried reinstalling the program and did Wall e and chapters are there. Funny but when I tried to further encode with handbrake it doesnt recognize that any chapters are there
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Funny but when I tried to further encode with handbrake it doesnt recognize that any chapters are there
That's something you probably want to post at a "Handbrake" forum...
Videodrone

Post by Videodrone »

Regarding Handbrake seeing Chapters.

Handbreak on my iMac DOES see the chapters in my MakeMkv files from my Bluray discs. But Handbrake on my Windows 7 PC does NOT see the chapters.

regards
'drone