makemkv beta popup failure

Everything related to MakeMKV
datman

makemkv beta popup failure

Post by datman »

I'm just trying this program out I get this error on all but one movie. What is set up wrong. On 2 computers I get this error
setarip_old

Re: makemkv beta popup failure

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

What is your source material?
datman

Post by datman »

BDrebuilder archives. I can't test the original right now, that computer with the BD drive is in a all night batch. Tomorrow I can test it but thats not what I want. I want the smaller BD25 encodes.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I want the smaller BD25 encodes.
1) MakeMKV is not going to do anything to make your BD Rebuilder files any smaller.

2) You should not post here regarding BluRays that have already been processed by another program, as there's no telling what inconsistencies may exist.

3) Have you tried simply setting the "Custom Size" in BD Rebuilder to the filesize you want to target?

4)Since you're apparently interested in "movie-only" files, (Otherwise you wouldn't be attempting to use MakeMKV) you could try using multiAVCHD to compress further...
datman

Post by datman »

setarip_old wrote:
I want the smaller BD25 encodes.
1) MakeMKV is not going to do anything to make your BD Rebuilder files any smaller.

2) You should not post here regarding BluRays that have already been processed by another program, as there's no telling what inconsistencies may exist.

3) Have you tried simply setting the "Custom Size" in BD Rebuilder to the filesize you want to target?

4)Since you're apparently interested in "movie-only" files, (Otherwise you wouldn't be attempting to use MakeMKV) you could try using multiAVCHD to compress further...
Your point well taken as to the variables. What I meant was I don't want to use the original for my source because it is so much larger.

If you saw some of my recent posts at doom9 I went on a tweaking binge. I’m tired of using the HTPC for play back. I just ordered a LG BD390 stand-alone player. It looks like I can plug a NTFS usb hhd into it and play MKV or M2TS files directly from it. I went and bought it now because they seem to rapidly becoming out of stock because the 2010s are coming out. I looked at the 2010 BD590 and out side of a built in hhd it looks the same. I’m sure all of those will be in the 4-5 hundred range.

So I’m looking for a program that can convert all BD rebuilder processed backups to MKV keeping the original HD audio file intact. I love the movie only results I get from BDRB.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please enable "log debug messages" in preferences, restrt the app, try again and post the log file here.
datman

Post by datman »

I think this is what you want. I'm sure it has everything to do with me using BDRB file and not the original. One thing I have noticed you can't work out of a folder. You have to rip to ISO. Most of my archive is BDRB ISOs. The only one I toying with are the BD25 files that have HDaudio

MakeMKV v1.4.12 beta win(x86-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\Bill/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc
DEBUG: Code 7 at >ja2;X\=p!g=\-`!3jB6:213132790
DEBUG: Code 0 at H*pi?TA2{p'k,@RDjnn;Y:121264993
DBG ASSERT: R,>8*,'AWn",0Nkh PdL[$9<zm.#db+Dq at sj]rxlVs"Et-v&.ncAqy<@3|c:121262026
File 00000.mpls was added as title #0
Operation sucessfully completed
DBG ASSERT: R,>8*,'AWn",0Nkh PdL[$9<zm.#db+Dq at sj]rxlVs"Et-v&.ncAqy<@3|c:121262026
Saving 1 titles into directory R:/MKV folder
DEBUG: Code 0 at H*pi?TA2{p'k,@RDjnn;Y:29396437
DEBUG: Code 0 at Y:2__vfz<sSnQI(~NK-:121261957
DEBUG: Code 0 at Y:2__vfz<sSnQI(~NK-:121263222
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
Failed to save title 0 to file R:/MKV folder/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

One thing I have noticed you can't work out of a folder. You have to rip to ISO.

This is certainly not correct regarding MakeMKV. MakeMKV can convert to MKV a hard drive located, legitimate, properly constructed BluRay files "package"...
datman

Post by datman »

setarip_old wrote:
One thing I have noticed you can't work out of a folder. You have to rip to ISO.

This is certainly not correct regarding MakeMKV. MakeMKV can convert to MKV a hard drive located, legitimate, properly constructed BluRay files "package"...

ok it won't work for me even on fresh rips. I open all the way to the stream file and there is no file to click
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

From within the "BDMV" sub-folder, select/doubleclick either index.bdmv or MovieObject.bdmv.

Alternatively, MakeMKV will happily work with an UNmounted .ISO image file