Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Everything related to MakeMKV
liquidskin76

Re: Problem - tsMuxer Created Structures

Post by liquidskin76 »

Hi Mike,

This is wierd! I've just re-encoded the video from Avatar using RipBot264 (to h264 again of course!). I ran that video, plus original audio and subs through tsmuxer and outputted as BD disc. Ran that through makemkv and it didn't fail outright like normal! However now got the bloody problem of it sitting at 100% and not completing! (has that been fixed in latest version?)

The fact it ran ok and didn't fail outright must indicate that RipBot264 corrected the missing AccesUnit NALs. That would mean that the NALs would have been missing in the orignal studio encode? Is that right?

Can you backup Avatar and check if the NALs are there?

Cheers

[EDIT:] the 1 second fix solved the problem of it not completing. so re-encoding with ripbot264 solved the missing accesunit nals problem. What do you think Mike? Do you want a sample of the ripbot264 encode to see if the nals are there now?

[EDIT 2:] Mike, i think the NALs are added back in when the ripbot264 encoded video and original audio/subs are muxed to BD disc by tsmuxer. When it's muxing, tsmuxer reports... 'H264 bitstream changed: insert nal unit delimiters'.