3D Blu Ray

Everything related to MakeMKV
mike admin

Re: 3D Blu Ray

Post by mike admin »

freedomfighter wrote:I recently gave makeMKV 1.5.8 a try to convert and BACKUP a 3DBDisk. As mentioned in other posts, stereo content is ommited from conversion to not double disk usage for single eye users. Unfortunately also the Backup skips important parts.
What important part is skipped by backup in 1.5.8 ? MakeMKV will copy everything during backup.
freedomfighter

Post by freedomfighter »

I'm sorry for beeing not specific.
The BD is "Cloudy with a chance for Meatballs". 2D content is decrypted properly.
Meanwhile I was informed that the second view m2ts files only contain difference maps, so they are not valid 2D files and need special treatment as done by 3DBDNET, now named 3DBDBuster.
With "official release of 3D feature", I meant "a planned, future version, also supporting 3-D".
I assume, mike won't decrypt the SSIF folder for backup purposes soon. I'll have to wait :!:
Thanks
twa000

Post by twa000 »

freedomfighter wrote:I'm sorry for beeing not specific.
Meanwhile I was informed that the second view m2ts files only contain difference maps, so they are not valid 2D files and need special treatment as done by 3DBDNET, now named 3DBDBuster.
Informed by who?

3DBDBuster WEB site ....had a look at this site...... um........ not sure I would want to be part of this, I have seen better SPAM emails wanting to take my money ....... but I could of course be totally wrong in which case I duly apologise :lol:
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@freedomfighter

Hopefully, by now, you've read this thread in its entirety - and can appreciate that dealing with this "new 3D" concept is not going to be anybody's top priority until there is clear evidence that such discs are becoming a significant part of viewing videos at home. Heck, BluRay itself, which is the only home format that will be used for this "new 3D", has thusfar been a near-disaster in growth and market share versus ol' reliable standard DVDs

Further, there is VERY little source material out there (I believe there are only two or three such videos) and they are only available (legitimately) together with the purchase of a "new 3D"-compatible television.

I'm sure there are those amongst us who are presently scrutinizing the technical aspects of this video format (including some folks that I know), but there interest is not in supporting or generating commercial projects. Rather, they are purists drawn by personal curiosity and satisfaction.

Therefore, I'd suggest to you (and all of our members) that there's no point in posting about the "new 3D" here,if or until "mike admin" formally announces that the MakeMKV authors are working on the "new 3D" vis-a-vis MakeMKV...

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

freedomfighter wrote:I'm sorry for beeing not specific.
The BD is "Cloudy with a chance for Meatballs". 2D content is decrypted properly.
With "official release of 3D feature", I meant "a planned, future version, also supporting 3-D".
I assume, mike won't decrypt the SSIF folder for backup purposes soon. I'll have to wait :!:
Thanks
I honestly have trouble understanding your post. MakeMKV properly processes SSIF files right now, starting from version 1.5.8 . Both AVC (ordinary video) and MVC ("stereo" extension) are present in MakeMKV-created backup.
freedomfighter

Post by freedomfighter »

Sorry Mike, but the SSIF folder of the backup was empty and 3DDBBuster needs these files.
freedomfighter

Post by freedomfighter »

@twa000
I searched the web for 3D related conversion tutorials and found a detailed description meant for power users.
Do you have the impression, I do SPAM? I was pointed from biohemmet to AnyDVDHD, but wanted a cross platform tool. So I was happy to find makeMKV to be crossplatform, but not yet able to do 3D.
As opposed to others, I'd love to watch 3D on my commute to work on my tiny iPad. Cannot afford a high end 3D plasma and was disappointed by most other gadgets.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@freedomfighter

This continues to be frustrating. I'm looking forward to some mainstream 3D releases (not just with the purchase of a BluRay tv).

It's difficult to evaluate or play around with something you don't have ;>}

nekrokhrist

Post by nekrokhrist »

I'm barely getting started on teh whole Blu-Ray 3D conversion deal.
Is there anyway to convert a 3D Blu-Ray movie from teh stereoscopic mode to an anaglyph mode? (red/cyan or green/magenta) maybe rip each side (left eye and right eye) into 2 different videos?
also if that's possible, is it also possible to convert the new format to DVD?
im a big fan of 3d but i cannot afford a 3DTV and the 3D vision thing doesn't support on my current system.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Holidays everyone!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@nekrokhrist

Hi!
Is there anyway to convert a 3D Blu-Ray movie from teh stereoscopic mode to an anaglyph mode?
That's one of the many functions available under "multiAVCHD".

If you go to the Doom9 Forum, you'll find the needed information...