Beta key expired?

Everything related to MakeMKV
lucabis

Re: Beta key expired?

Post by lucabis »

Hello, acquiring the key is forever, or expire?
Thank you
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

lucabis wrote:Hello, acquiring the key is forever, or expire?
Thank you
The purchased key has no expiration, as in updates are free.
Last edited by yorgo on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Tapioka wrote:Maybe different versions of MakeMKV would fix this "problem" (if it even is a problem). Version A with a limit of X backups per month for people like me and a Version B with an unlimited number for the heavy users.
I believe this would be too complex to adminster given this whole project appears to be the creation, development, and mangement of one person, Mike. I'm assuming here but that's my impression.
Another thing is that I don't see this discussion as "unreasonable". Why would talking about the price of a product (one of the most important aspects about selling any product) be unreasonable?
Please re-read my post; I did not say the discussion is unreasonable but that the request is. I welcome the conversation...just don't be surprised that I will post just as vehemently an opinion that is not in agreement with those who whine about the cost.

FYI, I've been using MakeMKV for many years but only this year finally bought a license because I felt I've been leaching for too long and wanted to do my part to thank Mike for making such a great product that I use enough, and have used enough, to justify the purchase.
meharledge

Post by meharledge »

HELP please.
Even with the new key, my DVD's are still not working. The Blu-ray's work beautifully and always have. I assumed is was a key code problem because DVD's stopped working suddenly on nov 30. To enter the key I just go to "register" and paste in the code, Right? or have I done something wrong. Thanks, guys.

meharledge wrote:Hi there:
I am new here. I just downloaded this about 3 days ago. I love it. Today I can still convert my Blu-rays, but the DVD's no longer work. Is this because the code has expired? But why would the blu-rays still work? Maybe because I'm will in my 30 day trial?? Thank yall for helping out a newbie.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

If you can decrypyt a Blu-ray, you should be able to decrypyt a DVD, so doesn't sound like a key issue. Is this happening with all DVDs or just one or a few? Can you post a log of what happens when you insert a DVD?
meharledge

Post by meharledge »

yorgo wrote:If you can decrypyt a Blu-ray, you should be able to decrypyt a DVD, so doesn't sound like a key issue. Is this happening with all DVDs or just one or a few?
It is happening to all DVD's, but since my post I have made it work. For some reason my Blu-ray drive just quit working with dvd's. When I use my DVD drive, the dvd's rip fine. So the blu-rays now go in the BR drive and the DVD's now go in the DVD drive. All is well. I am enjoying this program. I will definitely be for buying this. It may have to go on my Christmas list.
snarfo67

Post by snarfo67 »

For as infrequently as I use MakeMKV the price is a bit high--- however, if it ended x265/HEVC files I would buy it immediately!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Since the beta key has been replaced and price discussions go no where, ....