MakeMKV only works with AnyDVD?

Everything related to MakeMKV
dirio49

Re: MakeMKV only works with AnyDVD?

Post by dirio49 »

very interesting.
it might be the drive in the end.

Anydvd opens them because it has a key database, it does not try to get the keys from the disk like makemkv does.
i would suggest you update the firmware.
Last edited by dirio49 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

NONE of them play (except when I use AnyDVDHD

You might try using "Passkey" (from the DVDFab folks) instead of AnyDVD. It operates on the same "behind the scenes" driver principle, so you should be able to use it in conjunction with MakeMKV...

From what I've seen from Googling around, the firmware update is what you need but, as you've already noted, the official ones are stated to be only for Sony laptops - and the guys that hack such firmware have not done so for this unit...
dirio49

Post by dirio49 »

setarip_old wrote:
NONE of them play (except when I use AnyDVDHD

You might try using "Passkey" (from the DVDFab folks) instead of AnyDVD. It operates on the same "behind the scenes" driver principle, so you should be able to use it in conjunction with MakeMKV...

From what I've seen from Googling around, the firmware update is what you need but, as you've already noted, the official ones are stated to be only for Sony laptops - and the guys that hack such firmware have not done so for this unit...

But it needs internet connection at all times in order to decrypt the disk ;)
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@dirio49
But it needs internet connection at all times in order to decrypt the disk

Whether it does or not is not relevant to this thread. The only purpose here is to allow MakeMKV to access the disc...
danielponte

Post by danielponte »

Well, I'm gonna focus now on finding a way to upgrade this damn firmware... if you guys find anything useful, don't hesitate, contact me! :)

--
Daniel
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Silly as it may sound, you may also want to focus on finding someone with a Vaio notebook ;>}
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

danielponte wrote:Those three are the only blu-rays I have.. I bought them all at once, and yes, the softwares are all very updated. I really don't think it's a software problem, since I tried FOUR of them:

- ArcSoft Theather
- Nero 9 Reloaded
- WinDVD BD Edition
- PowerDVD 10 Ultra

There is a new firmware for my drive, but the updater doesn't let me update because I do not have a Sony laptop.. damn stupid program! I'm running out of options... :(

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-do ... 2&os_id=45
I might be very wrong, but AnyDVD might be the reason, it's a filter driver after all. For a clean test I suggest uninstalling it, rebooting and trying again.
danielponte

Post by danielponte »

Here's what I'm gonna do, once I get home, friday, I will install this USB piece of crap on my desktop, which I haven't even tried... it's very clean, I'll just install MakeMKV and the drive, no other software, then I'll let you guys know :)

[cross fingers]
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

However, keep in mind that it seems, from what we've both read when Googling, you'll still have to find a way to perform a firmware update...
danielponte

Post by danielponte »

Well, I got home early and got a chance to test it on my desktop which has no bluray/dvd software installed, I mean nothing, I formatted it a couple weeks ago.. and boom, same error.

As a site note, I checked on MakeMKV latest version and I found out that one bluray is AACS v7, another one is AACS v12 and one is AACS v1.
danielponte

Post by danielponte »

I'm so sad, I found a program called UNIVERSAL EXTRACTOR that uncompressed the .exe firmware update installation program, so I could skip the VAIO checker, worked like a charm, the firmware upgrade detected my drive, and successfully upgraded it from 1.Va to 1.Vb, but I tested again, all these three titles on MakeMKV and all other programs, and it did not work :(

ARGH! Now I ran out of possibilities.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I still think you should check with the knowledgable folks at the Doom9 Forum...
iso13

Post by iso13 »

Macbook <---here is your problem...get a PC, imo.

Alternatively,

AnyDVD does not work with bluray, you need AnyDVD HD.

Also, pay for the program. Keep these guys in business. They do such great work.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@iso13

Hi!

There is nothing inherently problematic with using a Mac with MakeMKV - There is a version of MakeMKV made specifically for use with Macs.

Re-read this thread carefulkly - the O.P. is referring to AnyDVD HD:
No I do not have any blu-ray that plays, since I just bought it and acquired my first three titles and NONE of them play (except when I use AnyDVDHD, heh).

Who are you suggesting the O.P. pay for which program?
iso13

Post by iso13 »

We all should be paying for AnyDVD and Makemkv.