Activation Key expired

Everything related to MakeMKV
acosmichippo

Activation Key expired

Post by acosmichippo »

Hi there. I've replaced the key from here just like i've done many times before, but it does not appear to be working anymore. I see it's supposed to be active until december... did it expire a bit early? is there a new one? or is this something particular to my installation? I haven't seen any other posts about it yet.

thanks!
skittle

Re: Activation Key expired

Post by skittle »

Either:

Wait for mike to update the beta key, which he has always done soon after it expires.
or
Purchase a key and not worry about time limits ;)
acosmichippo

Post by acosmichippo »

ok, got it. thanks.

I had never been caught in-limbo before.
xxxerxxxes

Post by xxxerxxxes »

The current key, marked as good till January 2011, does not work for me. I have reinstalled the application and the key. Any thoughts as to why? Thanks.
skittle

Post by skittle »

works fine for me (windows 7 and linux)
pisti0315

Post by pisti0315 »

Same problem:
The current key, marked as good till January 2011, does not work for me. I have reinstalled the application and the key.
Win XP SP3 32-bit

Please check it.
Thanks

Happy New Year!

Post by 001971 »

Same problem as the other folks. The current key no longer works. Mike: can you give us a hand? Thanks for your help. Wish everyone the best for the new year.
skittle

Post by skittle »

Hi, this happens at the end of every month, he usually updated it within 24 hours. In the mean time to avoid this issue you could go ahead and purchase a key!
serendipitous

Post by serendipitous »

I actually did purchase an activation key through avangate per makemkv.com/buy/ on May 5. All I got was a paypal receipt. No key. Complained to support@avangate on May 13. Still nothing. This isn't everybody's experience?
dtblair

Post by dtblair »

serendipitous wrote:I actually did purchase an activation key through avangate per makemkv.com/buy/ on May 5. All I got was a paypal receipt. No key. Complained to support@avangate on May 13. Still nothing. This isn't everybody's experience?
I just purchased a license today. Within 2 minutes I received the activation key through my email account. I also received confirmation (by email) of payment. If you didn't receive either, there might have been a problem with the email address you gave. I paid by paypal as well. If you have the paypal receipt, you might be able to give this confirmation directly to Mike or someone else of MakeMKV.

This is too good of a software not to purchase. The mkv created is light years ahead of DVDfab (which I also own). Also mkv files always play correctly in MPC-HC and JRiver, m2ts don't.
pliny

Post by pliny »

dtblair - does that mean the activation key process is automated? If so, I have a disk I'd like to check out tonight (just got a BD drive for my mac for Xmas). But if it's not, I'd hate to wait till tomorrow or Monday ...
dtblair

Post by dtblair »

pliny wrote:dtblair - does that mean the activation key process is automated? If so, I have a disk I'd like to check out tonight (just got a BD drive for my mac for Xmas). But if it's not, I'd hate to wait till tomorrow or Monday ...
It appears to be, but I can't speak for the site. I paid through paypal, got an email confirmation which was followed by an email with the key. Took a whole 2 minutes before I was up and running again.
captain

Post by captain »

It is 2011 January, Happy New Year everyone! :-)

Alas, the beta key says it is good *until* January 2011, so it no longer works. :-(

I tried to buy a key before, but was told that MakeMKV was beta-ware and that I should wait until it was ready for prime time. I don't know what to do today, as I have a disc that I cannot watch on the AppleTV without MakeMKV to rip it.

I guess I should be doing my beta duty and reporting on the discs that still fail to rip. :-P
Vicky Christina Barcelona being the biggest one at the moment - absolutely no way to get AUDIO out of it....

*edit*: Okay, I did find the makemkv.com/buy page after hunting for 15minutes! $50US?!? Seriously? I was ready to drop $25, but $50 is pretty steep during these depression era days of unemployed movie watching.... *sigh*

I did note that there was a field for "Discount coupon". Is there a half-off coupon code for us beta testers who have been on this ride for many months/years? ;-D

*more editing*
Ok. I found the thread about pricing and I see that Mike is comfortable with his $50US price point. Sorry to sound off on a sore spot. That thread has been closed, so too I assume is the discussion. I hope there will be a new beta key before I have to return this blu-ray disc that I cannot watch without first converting it. Apple sucks for not just letting us play these on their brain-dead devices. Oh well. I'm grateful for Mike and his makeMKV when it works!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

If you're source material is DVDs, Mike has stated that, even after beta testing has ended, all of the DVD functions of MakeMKV will continue to be free forever.

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Happy new year - the key is updated.